306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: what was it worth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what would people say my car was worth before some idiot ran into the back of it?

1.4 2001 china blue meridian drove like a dream 71000  miles on the clock have mots and vosa printout to confirm mileage 2 keys and a fair bit of history. Outside good bodywork bonnet paint not grate as it looked like some one went overboard with the t cut but not enough to take it down to the primer. Inside in good condition only thing changed is the radio the rest of the car is standard.
£650 tops Sad
cheers mate does not bowed well for me been looking on line and for the same year, model and similar mileage all sem to be around  a grand
Worth on here or worth to buy from a dealer?

No-one wants 1.4's on here, be lucky to get £500 for one. Dealers on the other hand really like 1.4s due to the low insurance, tax and economy so charge a fair bit for them!
^^^ What tom said but they tend to like ones that look good rather than ones that are good so your shabby paint will still take a couple hundred off it.
Insurance companies i've dealt with in the past have used Glass's guide to value the car and have paid back more than what the car was actually worth at the time lol
Not much. £600 tops.
About £850 imo, values on here are rather skewed away from the norm. Bear in mind you don't have to accept the insurance company's offer straight up, it is negotiable. I've got a feeling you can demand enough to replace the vehicle like for like, i'm sure Niall will know.
Round up some adverts off AutoTrader and see what they are usually asking for them.
(26-05-2015, 12:16 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]About £850 imo, values on here are rather skewed away from the norm. Bear in mind you don't have to accept the insurance company's offer straight up, it is negotiable. I've got a feeling you can demand enough to replace the vehicle like for like, i'm sure Niall will know.

This. I was offered £450 I think, told them all the bits that were on it, they came back with £950 like I told them it was worth.
(27-05-2015, 04:15 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-05-2015, 12:16 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]About £850 imo, values on here are rather skewed away from the norm. Bear in mind you don't have to accept the insurance company's offer straight up, it is negotiable. I've got a feeling you can demand enough to replace the vehicle like for like, i'm sure Niall will know.

This. I was offered £450 I think, told them all the bits that were on it, they came back with £950 like I told them it was worth.

did this with my bike,   written off when someone ploughed into the back of me (so hard it cracked the rear swinging arm mount) when i was stationary.   

literally 3 weeks old they offered 1k off book, i told them to go swivel, they came back with £100 over the price to purchase it new,.. sorted
cheers Guys i have been trawling ebay for a car as close to mine mileage and year wise have 4 the lowest being £895 with 20000 more miles than mine and the rest a bit closer for £995 or there abouts. did see s 1.6 with 25000 on the clock one owner if any one is looking lol
happy as car was inspected today and valued at £900 and if i want to keep it will cost me £54
I'd argue it's worth more. :-) but £900 is a good price.