306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Top glove box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you go about fitting one? And taking out the airbag too
disconnect battery. remove lower glove box which is held in by two pics. undo the two bolts holding the air bag. insert resistor. insert new glove box screw in. job done.
Easier to pop the stereo out to get the airbag out imo, lower glovebox is a right pain!
Fair enough. Either of them. Just get to bolts underneath
What you need is an ear cos if you add 'ear' to top glove box' you get 'Top Gear love box'

I thought the air bag was riveted in?

Disconnect battery, prise cover off air bag, unplug, drill the rivets, remove airbag, fit clips that take the screws screw top air bag in
(25-05-2015, 11:34 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]What you need is an ear cos if you add 'ear' to top glove box' you get 'Top Gear love box'

lmao
Its on a sprung pin I think, remove stereo and you can remove the pin from there, then it just lifts out, its only rivetted to a cage thing. Unless that was the Golf? Making me doubt myself now lol. Confused
I was also wondering about this, I had a go at mine the other day but decided I couldn't really be arsed Undecided
I'd rather have an airbag than a few extra cubic inches of storage lol
Weight saving.
Pointless only having a passenger air bag when I don't have any others.
Right. Ive actually done this recently. So ive written a guide for you...

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=30591
Thanks I'll be doing it soon then!!
It's through the stereo to remove it, loosen a nut off then pull a spring loaded bar and airbag just comes out, did it on one a while back