306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Manual Tyre Changer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i have just bought a manual tyre changer. Wasn't paying €750 for a automatic one.
Anyone have any experience with them? from the videos i have watched it will need strengthening but seems handy.
http://www.jebbtools.ie/tyre-changer
Yup, they can be hard work but don't take too long to knock types on and off. Plenty of washing up liquid for lube is your friend for getting them on and off
As said, plenty of lube & make sure you bolt it down well.
wont work on clones! the changer needs a centre hole to mount the wheels
(21-05-2015, 02:32 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]wont work on clones! the changer needs a centre hole to mount the wheels

hmmm didn't think of that, i will adapt it to fit clones. shouldn't be too hard.

i have 7 tyres to fit and the local place is €15 so this was worthwhile buy if it doesn't break  TMI
(21-05-2015, 02:32 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]wont work on clones! the changer needs a centre hole to mount the wheels

[Image: three-inch-hole-saw.jpg]

Dum-Dum solution!
too be honest that's not such a bad idea as i have a pig of a job finding someone to balance centre less alloys
don't have to mount the wheels - though when you turn an alloy over you'll want to take care to protect it

tyre levers will do the rest once you've broken the beads

[Image: IMG_1490-1_zpswqgep4r5.jpg]
the manual balances look like they'd be awesome, again if cyclones had centers.
All i can say is, what a  Censored Censored Censored Censored
wrecked 2 bad tyres, takes some effort to get them back on. the videos i watched they were done in 2 minutes. took me an hour to get one back on  Dodgy
(23-05-2015, 01:36 PM)tysonbully2k12 Wrote: [ -> ]All i can say is, what a  Censored Censored Censored Censored
wrecked 2 bad tyres, takes some effort to get them back on. the videos i watched they were done in 2 minutes. took me an hour to get one back on  Dodgy

but did you use washing up liquid / lube? there is deffo a knack to it, and once you got that it gets a bit easier, fair work out though :p
It's easy enough to use once you get the hang of it. 
My tutor at college can take a tyre off and put it back on in under a minute using a manual changer
Seen a video from somewhere out in the middle east of a kid doing a manual tyre change, so definitely in the technique lol
I remember bending a few rims when i first used it, as i wasnt putting the lever in the well properly. Good job they were scrapped wheels! Lol
Used plenty of soapy water. Stuck at it today and finaly got the hang of it.

Only bad thing about is the bead breaker.