306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Clutch pedal doesn't spring back as it should
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dont know if this is the clutch cable or some sort of spring, But when i press on the clutch pedal it only springs back a little bit when i release my foot and not the full way back? I then pull it the rest of the way back with my foot.

Whats the problem here? Is it something I should get checked out ASAP or can it wait for a few weeks?

Any help/advice much appreciated guys thanks.
There's been a few threads on this issue recently, have a search and you should find them Smile
Cheers buddy Smile
You'll find them just by scrolling down this section tbh. In short, there's a spring on the clutch pedal which needs removing, then if the bite point isn't in the right place stamp on the pedal and sidestep it a few times to get the self-adjusting mechanism to sort itself out.
So was this a problem by pug I'm guessing? I remember removing this clutch on my old 1.6 petrol as the clutch was supper stiff on that car.

Removing this spring not clutch lol
Yeah, believe so.
Finally took the spring out today and it's made the clutch perfect. Many thanks for all the help!

[attachment=23405]