306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Wheel Nuts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where can I get wheel nuts quickly? Need them for Saturday and what type are best? Some are flat seat some are tapered??

Thanks Smile
Peugeot will be quickest place. Pop in and say what you need. From memory they are about £2\3 a bolt.
Do you mean bolts? Or have they been converted to stud and nuts? Lol have a search dude itll say what type for what wheels
Bolts lol all called the same on eBay lol
I'd buy from a dealer rather than unknown off eBay. Type (flat/tapered) depends on your wheels
Anyone know if dealer ones will be the OEM chrome bolts? Cyclones look crap with rusty headed bolts... Sad
(14-05-2015, 07:15 AM)Pug0BZ3011 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know if dealer ones will be the OEM chrome bolts? Cyclones look crap with rusty headed bolts... Sad

Yeah they where when i bought some
How much do people pay for a set? Tbf it's my threads I'm worried about they are proper sort of judder when I put them in by hand they shake loads :/ hoping it's not the hubs
Are you copper greasing them?
I did yeah.

Would these not work okay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-Genuine-OE-...27de38e641
The chrome ones from the dealer cost over £6 each back in 2009!! I lost 2 after letting a garage balance wheels and refit them... Dodgy
:O stuff that. That's stupid money for a bolt haha
306s were still worth something back in 2009 tbf... lol

You'll have to check your cyclones, some take the slight tapered bolts (as in your link) and some take dead straight ones.
What should I look for on the alloys to tell what type of bolts I need? Hopefully when I first put them on I will use same old bolts until new ones are sorted
Look into the bolt hole, you'll see it's either a totally flat seat or there'll be a flat with a taper about half the size in the centre

If you have standard alloys now chances are the bolts will be the same.
Here are my wheel nuts.
[Image: 5u4qvm.jpg]
Here are my alloys. Looks like I'm in luck Big Grin
[Image: 30bfr14.jpg]
It's still a bolt not a nut... But yes lol, slight taper on both of those. Smile
Haha just a habit lol Tongue they don't look like a taper just more of a step haha
Lol. It is still a taper, it's there so you can fit the steel spare wheel with the same bolts. Smile
Ohhhh haha and then that fits up to that little silver bit with no thread?

Cheers for all the help btw Big Grin
Yeah that's right. No worries haha. lol