306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: New suspension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well decided to fit new hub and found this
[attachment=23071]
Then while I was at it fitted these bought for my 206 but never fitted thought look same as 306 and fitted fine Smile
[attachment=23069]
Drop link lot higher now there is some knocking somewhere no I think drop link sitting to high might be that Sad 
    Last years, After I installed the new coilover set to my GTI-6 and lowered around 2" from standard with the standard droplink from Citroen Xsara. I found the metal to metal hitting noise while I driving pass through speed breaker, some uneven surface road, etc.....

My mechanic who installed the coilover set for me said "Noise was came from LWR arm hit with ARB" He lifted my car up and advised me to find the adjustable drop link with shorter than OEM.

After that, I ordered a pair of adjustable links and adjusted the legth from each eye to eye = 260 mm. (STD = 300 mm.)
the problem disappeared that made me very happy !  Itwasntme

I hope that my experience will help you !

Remark : some of after market coilover can made the distance from droplinks eye at the shock absorber to ARB difference from STD, maybe longer or shorter depend on the adjustable.

Below picture is my car after installed new droplinks

[attachment=23072]
(09-05-2015, 04:59 PM)maxzy Wrote: [ -> ]    Last years, After I installed the new coilover set to my GTI-6 and lowered around 2" from standard with the standard droplink from Citroen Xsara. I found the metal to metal hitting noise while I driving pass through speed breaker, some uneven surface road, etc.....

My mechanic who installed the coilover set for me said "Noise was came from LWR arm hit with ARB" He lifted my car up and advised me to find the adjustable drop link with shorter than OEM.

After that, I ordered a pair of adjustable links and adjusted the legth from each eye to eye = 260 mm. (STD = 300 mm.)
the problem disappeared that made me very happy !  Itwasntme

I hope that my experience will help you !

Remark : some of after market coilover can made the distance from droplinks eye at the shock absorber to ARB difference from STD, maybe longer or shorter depend on the adjustable.

Below picture is my car after installed new droplinks

Was thing getting them need to get it up and have a good look around thanks