306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: removing rust from parts with electric :-)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So was watching piggys video on this and reading cullys Thread and thought I would give this a go myself lol uping the size of the drum from 15L Wat piggy used to 85L and to full bags of soda crystals think I might need more BT see how this is frist then get more If need them lol just put it on at 6.30 so won't no till morning if it's worked any way keep yous posted :-) here's sum pic of the set up 

[attachment=22897][attachment=22901][attachment=22900][attachment=22899][attachment=22902][attachment=22903][attachment=22904]
You chucked the whole hub and drive shaft in there?
Lol ye it's just to test it so don't care what happens to the hub are shaft or disc or caliper lol its all in there couldn't be bothered taking them off  :-)
Cool good luck with it :-)
lol good effort but you need to think bigger Big Grin

[attachment=22907]

[attachment=22908]
Lol thanks probably won't work on a count of me being lazy as f•ck :-)
on a side not is that charger an auto charger if so it may-not work as they dont switch on without a 12v load/battery connected
(29-04-2015, 10:41 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]lol good effort but you need to think bigger Big Grin

Lol nw that's a set up lol Wat do the weels cum out like do u think I got the mix right cully tesco must be sold out of soda crystals were u live :-)
wheel came out good it was the spare that had been sat under the car in all weathers with a coat of paint it was like new Wink

[attachment=22909]
[attachment=22910]
[attachment=22911]
(29-04-2015, 10:44 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]on a side not is that charger an auto charger if so it may-not work as they dont switch on without a 12v load/battery connected

Lol it wasn't working the other day when I bought it had to fix it so bit of moding in side that light on the front should even be on because I bypassed sum stuff it's fizzing good so should be working I think :-) is 24v better because that's why I bought this one lol
24v will work faster but will put more current through and heat the solution up
I limit the current now with a 12v headlamp in series but if you have 24v it would have to be a 24v lamp or 2x 12v lamps in series
(29-04-2015, 11:03 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]24v will work faster but will put more current through and heat the solution up
I limit the current now with a 12v headlamp in series but if you have 24v it would have to be a 24v lamp or 2x 12v lamps in series
K will keep that in mind cully thanks so if I'm using 24v hw long should I keep them in the water to get the job done :-) could I still use this hub if I wanted to cully it wouldn't reck the bearing are anything would it :-)
when i did my hubs i did them complet with abs sensors and bearings i did change the bearings for new but i didnt see any damage from the electrolisis
12hours should be enough the crud will just hose off with a little scrap with the stubborn bits
(29-04-2015, 11:23 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]when i did my hubs i did them complet with abs sensors and bearings i did change the bearings for new but i didnt see any damage from the electrolisis
12hours should be enough the crud will just hose off with a little scrap with the stubborn bits

Thanks for a the info cully will keep u updated . Wat have got in ur set up at the min . Here's mine pic taken 5mins ago :-)[attachment=22912]
Good work mate.
This was this morning didn't have time to clean it mutch because I have to go to work lol so will clean it later :-)[attachment=22915][attachment=22914]
(29-04-2015, 11:43 PM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: [ -> ]. Wat have got in ur set up at the min

the last things i did were my set of B8 struts which now look like new with there fresh coat of paint  Smile

[attachment=22916]

[attachment=22917]
(30-04-2015, 04:44 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Good work mate.

Thanks dum dum lol getting there 

(30-04-2015, 08:09 AM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-04-2015, 11:43 PM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: [ -> ]. Wat have got in ur set up at the min

the last things i did were my set of B8 struts which now look like new with there fresh coat of paint  Smile

Them struts look ace Cully fare play :-)  good idear with the steel inserted slev . Might have to nick that one :-)
what car chargers are people using?
(30-04-2015, 08:13 PM)clarkey2010 Wrote: [ -> ]what car chargers are people using?

I used this on made in 1994 lol but dose the job[attachment=22922]

Just put these back in for another night coming up nicely lol also toke the caliper and shaft of it for better results :-) so see in the morning hw it turns out 
[attachment=22925][attachment=22924][attachment=22923]
(30-04-2015, 08:13 PM)clarkey2010 Wrote: [ -> ]what car chargers are people using?
this is what I'm using but any cheap 12v charger will do as long as its NOT the auto charger type that monitors the charge and switches  off once charged

[attachment=22926]
So how did it turn out dude Big Grin ....spotless? Wink do you still need to wire brush these after doing this stuff?
(01-05-2015, 08:05 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: [ -> ]So how did it turn out dude Big Grin ....spotless? Wink do you still need to wire brush these after doing this stuff?

Had to put the parts in twice BT they came up well maybe paint them later lol and ye I had to use a wire brush but the rust just flakes of so its sooooooooo mutch easier have to say a big thanks to Cully and piggy for their thread and video wouldn't have been able to do my own without there treads and video so thanks again :-)
Nice one mate, you'll have to get some pics of the finished article...maybe painted too Wink
(01-05-2015, 11:52 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice one mate, you'll have to get some pics of the finished article...maybe painted too Wink

Yep I will man hopefully later wen I get home from work 
Would be nice to see the results, its been a good read and nice to know about electrolysis rust removal Big Grin
it good to see people having a go so to speak,and using the guides it gives people encouragement to write more

thanks Wink
Lol no problem cully  here's the finished product lol could put it in again but it's not bad the caliper I'm putting in again just wanted to see could I get it a bit better  my dog helped him self to a wee seat lol whilst I was working away lol hopefully get the hub paint to marra so more pics then lol mine while I will leave u with these  :-)[attachment=22948][attachment=22949][attachment=22950][attachment=22951]
Good work, looking good Smile

And good dog Smile
(02-05-2015, 09:13 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: [ -> ]Good work, looking good Smile

And good dog Smile

Thanks man you going to give this a go ur self lol 
Pages: 1 2