306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 306 Cab Auto to Manual gearbox swap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,
Mark from Australia here. I thought I'd sign up on here for this job as not to many people loving the Peugeot product in Australia. I have a 205 with a MI16 as a fun daily drive and regularly take it to Lakeside Raceway in Queensland for a blat - but this is my first 306 project.

I bought a GTi6 six speed gearbox for the 205 but have decided against using it. Since that time, i have now purchased a 306 Cabriolet that has a knackered AL4 auto. I know I'm up for a bit of work but the car cost next to nothing so I do have time and patients on my side.

My main question is the sub frame. Is there a difference between an auto or manual sub frame? I can see so far I will be up for drive shafts, pedal box and all the gear links and stick but cant find any info on the sub frame.

Thanks for any help and if you know of an existing post, please send me a link so I can dissect what I need.

Regards,
Mark.
Im not sure but you could easily look ot up on service box. May not have the gear linkage bit in the right place
your right - there is no bracket welded to the sub frame.
I thought the selector pivot bolted to the sub frame, I might be wrong.

Swapping the pedal box will be a pain in the arse, I have a feeling that it's a job that you need to remove the dashboard for.
Definitely welded on i'm afraid. Should get some project threads up, sounds interesting!
I did an auto perv to diesel manual swap few years back. The pivot point unbolts or mine did. Don't need dash out to swap pedals. I took steering wheel and cowling off. Unbolt big brake pedal bolt in new small one and clutch pedal will be runner grommet for cable. You will need to buy need throttle cable iirc due to kick down. If I remember anything else Il post it up ?
Thanks Mac & Poodle. I do have a build thread on another site. Here is a link.

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/peugeot...-swap.html
Thanks for the link.