306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: my 306two ball banger rally project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been running the car a few weeks now. Got a new timing belt kit and water pump to fit. started the wheel refurbished and gone for anthracite grey two wheels down two to go. Rubbed them down and filled in any damage the best I could
[Image: 20150415_161154_zpsfqtbsbhb.jpg]
back wheel passenger side
[Image: 20150415_174244_zpskrhwo2wj.jpg]
front passenger side
[Image: 20150421_183229_zpsguxw2nsv.jpg]

Got a lot of work to do before August getting the car ready. Also got a new wheel bearing to fit. Bonnet to viynal wrap roof to do in black and white squares company logos to fit ect ( all removable as I'm going to restore the car after the rally possibly use as track car or put back to standard car)
well it might not look like ive done much to it but its had a new timing belt and water pump, new bottom rad hose and new passenger wheel bearing also had a new clutch cable and gearbox oil. full service next then it can go get the graphics done for the rally.
[Image: 20150520_111941_zpspfrhlhgn.jpg]
also changed the rear lights..
[Image: 20150602_173724_zpsncvm0jpd.jpg]
Good job on the wheels. They look great. Most wont appreciate the back lights but each to their own.
i wasnt sure on them to start off with but they are growing on me lol
Yeah lights are abit marmite but great job on the rest Smile
so what sort of mods can be done on these for a few more ponnies ?
2.0 xsi.... gti6 inlet and exhaust manifolds. Inlet is easy to do and will make it sound great. Exhaust is harder to do but sounds great. Decat will help the top end but then you will have to find a friendly MOT tester. Stainless exhaust will improve sound and maybe add a few ponies but not the most cost effective way.

Not sure what the ecus are like on these but ive never seen anyone remap one.

Other mods you could look at are GTI6 6 speed gearbox, quickshift, upgraded gearlinkages to make the shift feel better...

Handling youre look at lowering 40 - 60mm, GTI6 torsion bars and arb. Bistein B8s and eibach springs are probably what you want unless youre after the adjustability of coilovers. They are a great handling car as standard but you can make it a bit better. Id concentrate on handling over power.

Braking... gti6 brakes are direct fit. Braided brake lines.

Dewiper the rear, get a silver bumper for phase 3 with the exhaust cut out. Get some phase 3 rub strips to update the look.

First thing id do is get some phase 3 crystal headlights. Theyre cheap at £40 a pair and will make it look more modern. Probably be better for driving too. Get osram nightbreaker bulbs.
cheers give me food for thought.... it has a custom made stainless cat back exhaust fitted which has a decent tone to it not too loud. the car just feels a bit slow off the mark but i have come from a nissan skyline to the 306 so maybe its just me lol.. but yeah i like the handling so maybe the suspension will be the next port of call for me, thanks for the advice
yeh id imagine a skyline to a 306 will have that issue.... should have got the gti6! Look in the guides section and see what interests you.
I've heard the Ecu's on these are a pain to remap I think a few few people with xsi/6's have used emerald Ecu's IIRC
(22-06-2015, 03:16 PM)7057sam Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah lights are abit marmite but great job on the rest Smile

I think some people actually like marmite... lmao