306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Trim around windscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got a new 306 last weekend, the trim around the windscreen is loose. Letting air in and rattling when over 60 mph.

I pulled it off for a better look, it looks like there should be something rubbery attached to the car for this to clip into, however, its still attached to mine and comes away with it, so the plastic trim doesn't fit securely.

Options?
Trim? Do you mean the scuttle panel or the rubber seal? Or..
Its like a square around the windscreen, except it doesn't go along the part closest to the bonnet.
I thought that was bonded?
very badly fitted windscreen by the sounds of it
Well I managed to pull mine off, it clips onto a metal rail and fits snugly behind the door rubbers on either side. It looks like there should be something attached to the car to attach it to along the top of the windscreen.

Is this so?
gareth7 Wrote:very badly fitted windscreen by the sounds of it

Bugger, is it time to call a windscreen fitter and get the lube out then? Sad
I think I know the thing you mean now, I had a windscreen changed just after I bought the car and this piece was broken and they had to order another in as it wouldn't seal properly with out it....
Am pretty sure its here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-H ... 2481wt_952

The main part is ok, its that other bit which is broken. I cant get on service box to get a better picture
:O didnt even know they exist really
trouble i see is you cant exactly push them in
me and my brother fitted a new windscreen on my car and if i remember correctly the top part just pushes in between screen and car, no clips or black magic required!
that exactly the part the was fubared on mine and had to be replaced....Autoglass here you come!
I pushed mine back in today got a tea towel folded over and a screw driver and ran it alon the top. went straight in.
gareth7 Wrote:that exactly the part the was fubared on mine and had to be replaced....Autoglass here you come!

I had a windscreen done by national windscreens today, really recommend them over auto glass.
What do they charge?
£75 excess you would have To call them and see if your not covered by insurance.