306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: egr blank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a boost leak from the inlet manifold,  so whilst I sort this I thought I might as well blank the egr,  so my question is will this show a fault light on the dash ?, my car is a Y reg running a stage 1 pro steve map, 
Mine was blanked off for about 6 weeks before I got it mapped out and it was fine.

How u finding ur pro steve stage 1?
So was it showing on the dash, as I really don't want to link my computer up to the ecu, my pc has a mind of it's own,
as for the map it was brilliant when I first got it, but getting bored now n would like more power lol
Haha sorry no it is fine Smile no light nothing on mine. Its a silent fault code as far as I am aware
Good stuff, I really didn't't fancy bricking my ecu lol
It's a silent code, so no engine management light. You won't brick your ecu by unplugging stuff, unless it's the injectors while it's running.
All sorted but only it's not, still have a boost leak arrggghhhhhh, plus on taking for a test drive i thought the accelerator cable snapped, luckily it had been bodged by the pedal which broke, so I made a new bodge to get it back on the road lol, I think I'll have another go at the leak next week
This job has turned into a nightmare, second attempt to fix inlet manifold n egr I snapped a stud arrggghhhh, so thrid attempt all cleaned and put back together, but still whistling doh, do you think I might of disturbed something else, n if so what would be a common bit I could of disturbed
It's either going to be in the pipe going from airbox to turbo or turbo to inlet manifold. Access is a beotch, which is my i gave up after fitting new inlet gasket and egr blank lol
It won't be the inlet pipe as that's not pressurised. Wink

How do you know the leak is from the manifold, have you tested it with soapy water?
What if it is sucking air into the inlet pipe and causing the noise where its sucking it in?
Cheers for the replies, it could be the inlet elbow, I suppose time will tell as at the moment it's still looking clean, where as before it was covered in oil, the thing is the car is still pulling well, I'll have another look tomorrow
(24-04-2015, 04:54 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]It won't be the inlet pipe as that's not pressurised. Wink

How do you know the leak is from the manifold, have you tested it with soapy water?

Oh yeah, my bad  Blush