306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: URGENT! anti roll bar stuck!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Attempting to lower my rear beam but the Arb is siezed pretty well, tried winding a bolt and it stripped the threads, don't have a slide hammer either. 

Any way of lowering it without removing the Arb?

Cheers
which side? should be doing the ths, with the correct threaded bolt

you can lower without removing arb yes.
One side the threads are completely corroded and the one I tried just stripped, was the correct thread on the bolt, but it stripped, how would I go about lowering without removing the Arb?
You cant arb has to be removed. If its that bad likely that the beam is shagged as well anyway.
you dont need to remove the arb to lower.

what thread were you using?
Majority of arbs that I've tried to remove with a bolt have been useless, stick as big a diameter of a punch that you can fit in and a couple of good heavy thumps and it will come out.
Depending on the year of the axle some flags used m12x1.5 and from what ive come across the later axles used a m12.1.75
But there is no need to remove it to lower it.
Thread was m12x1.5
How do you get the torsion bars out without removing arb? I thought arb plate is in the way. Obviously I could be wrong and as Stef is saying it I probably am.
Headbolt Wink
(08-04-2015, 01:34 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]How do you get the torsion bars out without removing arb? I thought arb plate is in the way. Obviously I could be wrong and as Stef is saying it I probably am.

Just turn the flag so it's out of your way, it's very accessible with them out the way 
Gave up in the end, think my beam is goosed any way because it looks like there is some camber on the back!
(08-04-2015, 02:21 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2015, 01:34 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]How do you get the torsion bars out without removing arb? I thought arb plate is in the way. Obviously I could be wrong and as Stef is saying it I probably am.

Just turn the flag so it's out of your way, it's very accessible with them out the way 

Now I feel like an idiot. Of course you could!!