306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: hpi check
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What mileage history does a hpi check show ???
You might of read in the rare car thread that I inherited a ford Sierra, problem is we never found any paperwork on the car, but know it's a genuine mileage, so would a hpi check be good enough to prove it
HPI Check seem confident:

Quote:[ltr]Mileage Problems[/ltr]

[ltr]The HPI Check uses the database of the National Mileage Register to search around 6 million records. It provides the best intelligence available to protect against clocking and will help you decide whether the car that's showing a mileage of 32,000 may have actually covered 132,000 miles.[/ltr]

https://www.hpicheck.com/what_check.html

I did a recent HPI check, a very cheap one, which didn't show mileage IIRC - so check what you get for the money first.
Ok thanks for the reply,
it's driving us mad as we know there should of been a folder, with spare key front to the stereo mot service history and all invoices, but we never found them arrggghhhhhh
An mot history check will show you mileage history from when they started doing mot's on computers. So you should get info for the last 9 years or so
(04-04-2015, 09:53 AM)Iceman299 Wrote: [ -> ]An mot history check will show you mileage history from when they started doing mot's on computers. So you should get info for the last 9 years or so

It's a shame there's no history for the previous 14 years doh

I did a check through dvla I think, from 2006 - 2012 it was averaging 500 miles a year lol
There are different levels of HPI check. But obviously mileage can only be recorded when something else is done, for example MOT or written off or plate transfer etc. If nothing happened in it's early life I don't see how mileage would've been recorded.