306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Insurance date
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my renewal comes through in April but my Birthday is in May, do we think it would make any difference if I got a quote now (april) to in a months time (may) when I'm a "year" older ? Or do insurance companies take into account when doing the pricing? 

Just wondering if I keep it as it is would I always be just missing out on a price drop due to age etc 
Not entirely sure how they handle it, from experience there is a somewhat sliding scale. Could just get a few 60 day valid quotes as a banker?
Makes a fair difference when you turn 25, how old are you mate?
Just do a quote online and change your d.o.b to this month instead, you can then compare the difference 
Will be turning 23 so it exactly  a huge milestone but if it's 50 difference a year might be worth sorting

Will try the confused.com route later but I'm with adrian flux and don't know if their methods are different 

On a side note happy birthday for the other day Mr old cheese 
Mine went up when I turned 23... Dodgy Guessing something other than age caused that though lol.
(01-04-2015, 09:41 AM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]Will be turning 23 so it exactly  a huge milestone but if it's 50 difference a year might be worth sorting

Will try the confused.com route later but I'm with adrian flux and don't know if their methods are different 

On a side note happy birthday for the other day Mr old cheese 

Cheers dude, I don't have insurance price problems anymore Big Grin
me either haha.,,.
Call them and talk to them. Some insurers are willing to insure you as being a year older slightly early if they think it will win your business.
(01-04-2015, 09:28 AM)Iceman299 Wrote: [ -> ]Just do a quote online and change your d.o.b to this month instead, you can then compare the difference 

That doesn't always work out right, I have played with that a few times however you can some wildly varying quotes even by changing DOB by a day or two.
(01-04-2015, 12:49 PM)aircool Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2015, 09:28 AM)Iceman299 Wrote: [ -> ]Just do a quote online and change your d.o.b to this month instead, you can then compare the difference 

That doesn't always work out right, I have played with that a few times however you can some wildly varying quotes even by changing DOB by a day or two.

Oh yeah, nothing is as accurate as actually speaking with them. But you'll get a rough idea, as the only variable you are changing is your age by a month
Ok so did a confused.com comparison , at my real birthday was £1700, making me just about 23 £1400
Think I'll be giving adrian flux a call tomorrow..
1700 quid at the age of 23!! I was insured my Dturbo for 1000!
Well its a confused.com price for a modified cat so price will be inflated a bit. Wasn't expecting the age to change nearly 20% of the price though
Jeez man that's an awful lot considering we're basically the same age! If you can get a decent quote from admiral/elephant etc flux should match it!
Managed to get flux to 850 from their initial renewal of 950. But considering it was 450 last year in Southampton im a little butt hurt and wanting to get it lower so will try the age 23 thing today
Give sky a call, they beat everyone for my sigma daily.
The Northerners say its much cheaper to live up North...looks like the savings are wiped out by the extra car insurance! Confused
Get a quote that starts on your birthday, then clear the cookies and do the same thing starting on your renewal date. Bingo, there's your answer. I suspect you'll find it'll make a difference, it was about 50% more for the sake of two days when Jonny's missus was sorting hers the other day, bloody daft system.
(02-04-2015, 01:44 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]The Northerners say its much cheaper to live up North...looks like the savings are wiped out by the extra car insurance! Confused

it's Manchester dude . . .it's a law unto its self . . .Smile
Not really Tom, the extra 400 in insurance a year is balanced out by 400 savings a month in rent Wink
Although I do get stabbed alot more in the north so swings and roundabouts really

tried ringing adrian flux today to ask about it but they got all shitty and saying
"sometimes it does it by year sometimes its per month"
"oh right well any idea if the policy im taking out is per year or month if i give you my details?"
"no. besides dont bother a year wont make a difference anyway"
"well confused dropped 400 of the price when i moved the date 2 months"
"oh..well.. is there anything else i can help you with"

I ran them back later on to see if I could just change the start date on the renewal and get a price like that but they said the renewal date is set and can't be altered and if i do get another price from changing the date they can't guarantee they'll be able to get me the old price back. Besides they can only do 30 days in advance anyway so overall not much was gained

Sky, brentacre, greenlight, A plan could not come close. The only other people to really go toe to toe with Adrian flux was Chris Knott who adrian flux beat by £5 and meant i didnt have to dick about with documents etc
Think I'll give Chris Knott a call tuesday and adjust my quote see how they react even if I make a loss from the cancellation costs this time around it'll pay off in the long run as wont be forking out more every year
Chris knott will beat any quote as long as you can provide proof of level of cover etc. i rang them with a quote and they beat it by £80 without me even having to haggle or anything. I would've been happy with them beating the quote by £20 lol

Nothing but excellent service from them either in 2 years i've been with them. Wouldn't go anywhere else