306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Worst Fuel Price you've seen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coming back from feeding the homeless in Cricklewood yesterday I had to take a different route due to general London road problems and spotted a garage with unleaded @ £1.35 & diesel @ £1.48.

Considering the average London price is £1.14/£1.20 give or take this made me almost drive into the rear of the practical 4x4 in front of me, however they did offer a cheap jetwash at £1

Has anyone else seen such unrealistic pricing in their area?
That's not far off the local one here tbh! They get a captive audience though, as we are about 10 miles from the next station (in town) and a lot of the old people won't drive that far. Petrol is in the £1.30s but didn't take note of the exact figure.
I can understand where there is no competition, but this is in London with a garage every 750 yards almost
Not seen any weird pricing down here for a while (excluding the falling-apart ones that don't seem to be open..), usually all about the same over Exeter.
If that's Cricklewood it wont be bad compared to the BP on the Vaxhaul Bridge Road or worse the Esso on Park Lane, Mayfair.
(30-03-2015, 05:44 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]If that's Cricklewood it wont be bad compared to the BP on the Vaxhaul Bridge Road or worse the Esso on Park Lane, Mayfair.

Holloway road, worst I've spotted
BP was 113.9 at my local. Not sure why it's going back up as the price per barrel is still rock bottom
Amazing how it is big news for drops then no one notices the rise just after
There's a "Eco" garage just down the road from Shepards Bush and last time I drove past, derv was about £1.55 a litre :/
My local garage is £1.09.7p per litre for petrol. Smile

Although it is an Asda filling station and may f**k your car! Lol!
(31-03-2015, 05:40 PM)Moonwalker Wrote: [ -> ]My local garage is £1.09.7p per litre for petrol. Smile

Although it is an Asda filling station and may f**k your car! Lol!
Asda near me is also this price and £1.16.7 for diesel.
I about died when I went to petrol station for first this this year Undecided
It is rising quickly, I noticed but couldn't find the thread to bring up my post from a few months back where I said it would rise again and people moaned at my pessimism haha. Tongue

I got to the BP garage yesterday with under 10 miles left on the range to find they had no diesel....wtf is the point of a fuel station that doesn't have fuel! Confused Fortunately Sainsburys was only a couple of miles away, but annoyingly it was the same price as the BP and I would've got double points at BP as well. Was 1.17.9 for diesel.
(02-04-2015, 01:48 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]It is rising quickly, I noticed but couldn't find the thread to bring up my post from a few months back where I said it would rise again and people moaned at my pessimism haha. Tongue

I got to the BP garage yesterday with under 10 miles left on the range to find they had no diesel....wtf is the point of a fuel station that doesn't have fuel! Confused  Fortunately Sainsburys was only a couple of miles away, but annoyingly it was the same price as the BP and I would've got double points at BP as well.  Was 1.17.9 for diesel.

Blame too many people with diesels lol.
yeah I noticed its starting to rise again! after a couple of months of it dropping, laugh is with it dropping, the Btcc had bigger grids. As the fuel is cheaper, hopefully it should stay in the lower side of 1.20, as it gets daft after that! I was putting about 60 quid plus in on half a tank! as I don't really let my tank drain.
(06-04-2015, 12:13 AM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]yeah I noticed its starting to rise again!  after a couple of months of it dropping, laugh is with it dropping, the Btcc had bigger grids. As the fuel is cheaper, hopefully it should stay in the lower side of 1.20, as it gets daft after that! I was putting about 60 quid plus in on half a tank! as I don't really let my tank drain.

You have a tank that is larger than 100L?
Or just a Peugeot fuel guage lol... At worst 60 quid was like 45 litres. lol