306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Shorter throttle cable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So was wondering if anyone has shortened the rout of the throttle cable for better response? Was just curious if it's been done on an XUD
nope but I have fitted a new cable, which helped, also binned the damper thing on one car.
(21-03-2015, 11:26 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]nope but I have fitted a new cable, which helped, also binned the damper thing on one car.

Fair enough Smile just wasn't sure if it's been done 
Don't think a shorter cable would make much if any difference if I'm honest Smile
(22-03-2015, 12:35 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't think a shorter cable would make much if any difference if I'm honest Smile

Ah okay Smile I suppose a nice new cable and a well secured cable will make it feel a bit nicer 
Hbomb has a shorter than usual cable on his rallye and the pedal feels so so much better than mine. Its a little lighter and has more of a spring to it. Mine feels a little sluggish in comparison... so i'd say it does make a difference But probably only because the standard cables on 306s seem to be ridiculously long with a unnecessary bendy route.

I'm not sure what cable it is though. Possibly from a 106/saxo or something?
more likely yours is knackered than the length.
(24-03-2015, 06:21 AM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]more likely yours is knackered than the length.

This^^^^ Smile