306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: track day/306oc bbq/meet? | 28/8/15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Friday 28th August

Abingdon track/airfield track. 
OX13 6JB 

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/abingdon.htm

£129 all day open pit. 100db limit.

£15 for passenger, £20 extra driver. £70 for 1 hour tuition.

I have contacted them regarding book day for 306oc. But hopefully at least be permitted to have cars and spectators not going on track...

Thus perhaps a nice 306oc meet and bbq?? But have to wait to hear about that.

Decent access from M4 and M40.

1) Piggy + Mrs Piggy
2) Pebbles - maybe
3) Dumdum - maybe
4) 7057Sam - maybe
5) Nathan 1305 - maybe in 106
6) Puglove - had better be up for it
7) Anton - Up for it 100%

Spectator list:

1)
2)
3)
Intriguing. I will have a look at my work roster.
I fancy a bit of that providing I can get the money together and time off work.

Also they appear to have an off road course there too.
Im not about that day otherwise would love to come Sad
Ill be keeping a close eye on the progress of the arrangement of this track day. I know Piggy is a long standing member on here and trust worthy but i imagine some people may be a bit concerned after the last "arranged" club track day! lol
I'll check the dates tomorrow with the gf,only 2 hours away so maybe up for it.
No payments via me. Be all via the site linked.
Sorry Niall I messaged you earlier on FB but just realised it didnt send. Dum EE.
Message me if any concerns Smile
Ah ok in which case, crack on. Im just aware that some people were left with burnt fingers after the last one (which i know had nothing to do with you btw) but if people pay them direct, thats cool Smile
Hmm I could be up for this, just need to find a way to get the 106 there
I could well be up for it . But to far away to call atm
100% up for this...
have edited first post with names.
good possible crowd already Smile

anyone just wana be there to chat cars and spectate??
I want to drive fast in circles at great expense for no reason. f*ck talking.
So I have emailed them a few times back n forth.
Details were at first sketchy.

Very basic facilities;
Portaloos
Catering Van
Blow up tent which holds 100.

But what else do we need!?

I have asked the cost of booking whole place as a club and the possibility of spectators/spare cars and bbq etc. Don't want any fails.

will see what they say Smile
I'd be up for spectating, money and car dependant i may even be up for the track time, but don't want to promise anything i can't deliver.
anymore on this?

those already down still fancy it?

If August isnt good, there is a friday 16th october too. But I thought August be good for those with kiddies maybe to bring along.
I'm possibly up for this :-)
What's the latest we can pay for this? I get paid like two days before this
I know it sounds a bit silly but I'd prefer a few more people with who to mutually decide if we're in or not first, before i commit.

There are other track days available closer for similar price at a similar time so for now consider me out mate, with possible on the cards.

Cheers.
(15-06-2015, 06:42 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: [ -> ]I know it sounds a bit silly but I'd prefer a few more people with who to mutually decide if we're in or not first, before i commit.

There are other track days available closer for similar price at a similar time so for now consider me out mate, with possible on the cards.

Cheers.

feel free to pipe up about those, I am just wanting a good full day somewhere late summer before winter comes and I need to decide what to do with the 306.
I won't be able to afford to do the track day.
I'm up for something like this.
Have you driven airfields before piggy? A lot of the time it just feels like driving fast on.. well on an airfield, except with cones. They are fun, but I'd usually fork out the extra £40 to drive on a circuit.
(15-06-2015, 09:16 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you driven airfields before piggy? A lot of the time it just feels like driving fast on.. well on an airfield, except with cones. They are fun, but I'd usually fork out the extra £40 to drive on a circuit.

+1
Maybe we should do hullavington on weekend chris?? £109
I'd be up for it in 205
little update

Only 15 cars booked in so far for this.

Spectators welcome, but no BBQs. Small catering can, feel free to bring your own.

Depending on numbers, the guy is willing to offer some free tuition and passenger spacers... but thats number dependant.

But it seems no one really wants to commit other than me Undecided Sad

I realise it isnt quite a full on track, but it's got all the qualities of a decent track, straights, chicanes, tight and gentle curves. Plus lots of run off.

If someone else knows of a whole track day for similar money, seriously, please let me know as I wana do one or two this year Smile
(17-06-2015, 04:00 PM)Lwilliams Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.trackdays.co.uk/book/cartrackday/8225/ end Wink

isn't that just on an airfield too!? but more money!? AND MILES away!?
It was an airfield previously but its a proper track now, btcc cars used to use it for testing, formula 3 used to race on it, and British superbikes.

A Wrda league race vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csEVku1vA3o
I'd still probably be up for this if there was a good turnout etc
Pages: 1 2