306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Last day as a Peugeot owner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Well after 9 years of continually owning a Peugeot 306, today is my last day of ownership.

My current GTi6 track car goes tomorrow night, to a very nice chap who promises to look after it and abuse it round tracks, like it was built for. He is a member on here, so no doubt will put a thread up or something.

I intend to stick around though, as the company I formed (DervTech Ltd) do a lot of business through the site mapping HDi's, and I will be keeping an eye on some of the projects I've watched mature over the years!

I do also still intend to see you all at the shows / events throughout the year, as I've made some long standing friends through the site, and previous incarnations of it - but I will now be one of the (every growing!) 306oc members that doesn't actually have a 306 Smile

Cheers guys,

JP
Moved up in the world....now drives a Skoda Big Grin
(12-03-2015, 10:55 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]Moved up in the world....now drives a Skoda Big Grin

haha yes!
Lol. Its everything the Peugeot wasn't, quiet, comfortable, cruise control and does 60mpg.

That said, the handling is shocking, even with some decent suspension, roll bars etc and it is so ugly!!

The Mrs is using it as a daily ATM since we sold her MX5.

JP
Can't believe you sold it

Awaiting to see what crazy thing you build next Smile
Its got 6 cylinders, rear wheel drive, LSD from the factory, runs over 340hp in n/a trim and will shortly be running a supercharger Smile
(12-03-2015, 02:11 PM)jammapic Wrote: [ -> ]Its got 6 cylinders, rear wheel drive, LSD from the factory, runs over 340hp in n/a trim and will shortly be running a supercharger Smile

Sounds awful lot like an m3.. Lol
(12-03-2015, 02:16 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2015, 02:11 PM)jammapic Wrote: [ -> ]Its got 6 cylinders, rear wheel drive, LSD from the factory, runs over 340hp in n/a trim and will shortly be running a supercharger Smile

Sounds awful lot like an m3.. Lol

sounds like an M3.
Thats right...

I did have designs on buying a Porsche 911 turbo, but when I thought about it, I did wonder whether I would use such a nice car on the track!
Thought you had an M3 in the past and didn't like it..?
Ive had e36 m3's, which I loved, e46 330i clubsport which I loved and did a lot of miles in, and a 330d which I loved. I had a 46 m3 for a while and it wasnt the greatest, the handling left a lot to be desired, but as a platform for modding its got to be worth a shot.... Set of KWs, AP brakes, sticky tyres and a 'charger should make it good though.

I guess we will see...
You getting a proper manual or smg? 
Proper manual.... I think it was the SMG that made me hate the last one!!
(12-03-2015, 03:07 PM)jammapic Wrote: [ -> ]Proper manual.... I think it was the SMG that made me hate the last one!!

Yeah, my mate had an smg convertable. Kept trying to defend the smg at the start then hated it and sold it due to too many problems with it lol
You'll be back LOL Smile (In a Peugeot)
I wonder how many of the regulars do actually still own a 306....it's probably less than half now. lol
Says a lot about this place that despite many members not owning the subject car anymore (like myself), and in some cases not even liking the subject car anymore, the majority still hang around for the banter and epic piss-ups at shows.
I still have one.......barely! lol
its ok I still have 5 on my drive Tongue

Supra!
Glad to see it went whole mate.

I'd of gone for the quick Porsche Cayman of the original incarnation. Nothing is too nice for the track.
It is when you have to think about dropping £15k in the kitty litter Smile I can't afford to replace that....