306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Clutch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
   Hi all.
    Hope I am posting in the correct section. How many miles will I get from my original clutch? at present it`s 169000 and pulling strong.  I am running down to  Newquay in july and don't want it to fail on me then.  Being an old driver (63) and enjoying it.  Plenty of enthusiasm for 306.
   Cheers.
Anything from 100miles to 100k miles.

Not really an answerable question I'm afraid
They don't have a specified mileage as all drivers are different. It will go when it wears completely. Sorry I cant be more precise for you.
It will start slightly slipping when it's on it's way out. I drove mine on motorways for a few months with a slipping clutch and it's fine as long as you drive sensibly and don't smash the accelerator into the floor 
If you've persuaded the original to last this far you should be fine, what's 300 miles to 169,000!

Are there any signs of imminent failure; ie clutch pedal stiff or not returning fully, release bearing noisy, slipping under heavy acceleration, etc?
Are you sure its original? I haven't seen a release bearing last that long even if the clutch plate does!

As others have said though, you can't put a distance on a clutch, but it shouldn't fail without prior warning anyway, so you'd have to be unlucky for it to completely fail on the one week you're away!
When mine was going in my DT (Sorry for bringing it up Grant and Niall! lol ), it started slipping on boost, lasted that way for a couple of months with careful driving! I'm sure you'll have no worries with your one if there are no symptoms of being worn. Wink