306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Strange vibration when braking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys!

About a month ago my car has a strange vibration at the pedal when braking. At the weekend i put on the summer tires and the vibration get much stronger. It's coming from the back, becasuse if i put the handbrake on when running, it does the same. The brake pedal feels like when you hit the brake hard in a car with abs.(i don't have abs...) It has drums on the back. What could cause this problem? I think it might be wheel bearing, because it has a sound as well but i'm not sure. When a i jack the car up, the wheel runs fine and there is no tipical bad bearing sound.
warped brake disc? Brake disc not mounted properly? wheel bolts not done up tight?
(09-03-2015, 01:12 PM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]warped brake disc? Brake  disc not mounted properly? wheel bolts not done up tight?

I have drum brakes. Wheel bolts are ok, i double checked them.
I thought about worn drums or shoes, but this strong vibration came at the first drive with the summer tires.
if you drive along slowly, press h/brake button in and pull handbrake on slowly-----if the car does the wobbly/vibration bit then it needs a pair of brake drums.
(09-03-2015, 07:10 PM)daddyfixit Wrote: [ -> ]if you drive along slowly, press h/brake button in and pull handbrake on slowly-----if the car does the wobbly/vibration bit then it needs a pair of brake drums.

It does when i pull the handbrake, but not at low speed. It vibrates when braking from over about 45mph.