306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 283mm Caliper donor vehicles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all

I've done a bit of searching and not found much so sorry if this has been covered before.

I'm looking to upgrade to 283mm brakes in the near future and I'm wondering what cars I should be looking for as donors. The Gti-6 is the obvious place to start looking, as well as xsara vts, but what other options are there? And what discs do I need to use with them?

From servicebox, it looks like the 206 gti 180 uses 283mm discs but with different offset disc so is it possible to use them with either 206 or 306 discs?

Any advice appreciated.
306 GTi-6 and Xsara VTS use the same 283mm disk and caliper with 57mm piston.

206 GTi-180 and various mid-range 307's (and presumably C4's) use a different 283mm disk and a caliper with 54mm piston.

Neither are particularly expensive or hard to source these days, but beware that if you're wanting uprated pads then there's less choice and higher costs for the 205/307 calipers, or certainly was last time I looked. On the other hand, the calipers are usually newer and have covered less mileage, so potentially in better condition.
Ah ok, I didn't realise they had different size pistons. Thanks