306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Making a gasket?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys if I have some gasket paper can I make a gasket for the inlet elbow? I took mine off and now its leaking and I thought maybe I could make one?
Yeah, sure.
yeah, you can do.. A very thin smear of instant gasket on both sides won't hurt but buying the correct gasket is certainly the better option
(01-03-2015, 12:46 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, you can do.. A very thin smear of instant gasket on both sides won't hurt but buying the correct gasket is certainly the easier/neater/less-of-a-chronic-pita option

EFA. Big Grin
Haha brilliant. Will be getting a proper one from peugeot soon. Just a bodge till then Smile
Guys guys guys, making gaskets aint that hard or a PITA...tippy-tap a spanner around the edge Wink cuts it a piece of piss and its loads cheaper
(12-04-2015, 11:33 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys guys guys, making gaskets aint that hard or a PITA...tippy-tap a spanner around the edge Wink cuts it a piece of piss and its loads cheaper

That why you're buying yours from peugeot? Tongue
Lol I would have, had they been open! Like a numpty I went down 30mins late!! Bell end ain't I, said on Google it was open til 5... But not parts counter so....I made my own and did it Sunday/yesterday...so far no boost leaks bit they will appear in time. One of the studs on inlet manifold is shite, gotta get a helicoil kit soon Sad can't believe I've never owned a set.

I mean *bet, bloody phone! I hate tapatalk too

Besides, I couldn't find gasket paper from any of my locals that were open so I used copper silicon and a divider from a folder Smile pikey cheap...'cept the silicon Big Grin