306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Help a Nathan today....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is Nathan... This months insurance is paid for. But he doesn't know where his next month will come from... He's helpless and boring without his car. Can you help Nathan today? All he's asking is £266 per month to pay his monthly premium. Please help today so he can have a better future.. Think of the car...

Seriously bored and fed up of paying stupid insurance prices lol

[attachment=21842]
I'll give you £266 for the car?

lol Probably uses less oil than mine.
Seems to me like nathan needs to work more hours or get a better paying job. 
Failing that, buy a car that doesn't cost you a stupid amount to insure (still can't believe you pay over £200/month for a 306, i'd rather not drive!)
Buy something newer and standard and your premium should be a lot less...

And I hate those begging ads, they always make you watch ill people when you're trying to have dinner! Dodgy
Job pays well just hate how much I pay haha really can't believe how much it is for a 15 year old French car!
I forget some of you pay a month what I pay for a year LOL
(25-02-2015, 08:24 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]I forget some of you pay a month what I pay for a year LOL

Yeah it's insane. Did a quote if I had a years NCB and it its just under £1000 so not as bad 
Have you tried contacting Greenlight Nathan? They are usually excellent with the prices they can get. Got me a deal for under £450 on the Rallye right after making a claim. No one else could.

At your age I think i was paying £900 a month for the GTI6.
(25-02-2015, 08:29 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried contacting Greenlight Nathan? They are usually excellent with the prices they can get. Got me a deal for under £450 on the Rallye right after making a claim. No one else could.

Don't they only make you if your 21 and over? I only turned 20 in January

Yeah just looked need to be 21 have at least 1 year NCB and have a licence for 2 years :/
Greenlight only take proper cars as well, not diesels...

I forgot you're 20 Nathan, I was only paying £800 a year on a Mk4 Golf GT TDi 130 at 20... Tongue
Christ I've only had my licence back 4 months after a rather nasty incident several years ago and I pay 120 per month for my HDi and thought I was being ripped off
(25-02-2015, 08:38 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-02-2015, 08:29 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried contacting Greenlight Nathan? They are usually excellent with the prices they can get. Got me a deal for under £450 on the Rallye right after making a claim. No one else could.

Don't they only make you if your 21 and over? I only turned 20 in January 

Most modified insurers are 21 and over unfortunately Sad
We have a club discount with Greenlight so when you turn 21, phone them and get a quote. Speak to Neil and mention the club and you should get a very nice premium. Mine is £500 a year FC which i didnt think was too bad on a highly modified car at 23 in a E rated post code lol
Yeah I'll have to give that a go next year Nial Smile I'm with Adrian Flux at the moment with all mods declared and they beat everywhere else by about £80 per month! So if I couldn't go with them I would have been paying around £350 a month!

(25-02-2015, 08:40 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Greenlight only take proper cars as well, not diesels...

I forgot you're 20 Nathan, I was only paying £800 a year on a Mk4 Golf GT TDi 130 at 20... Tongue

That's insane haha how times have changed.. For the worst 
Yeah I got a reduction in premium by changing a slower, older 1.8 306 for the Golf haha.

This year at 22 I insured the focus and GTi6 for under £600 the year....getting old does have an advantage I guess. lol
I swear something is going wrong.

I'm not that old, I mean I'm 25 but still. 5 years ago, I had quotes of around £600 fully comp and was in a high risk job in a high risk location. Have prices really risen that much?
Screw Greenlight they won't cover me
(25-02-2015, 08:54 PM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]Screw Greenlight they won't cover me

that's be cause its a heavy posh rover,
Greenlight are too expensive for me as they dont do anything under £300 a year!
Brentacre for the win!
My 2.4 alfa is only 760 ish fully comp, just turned 24 and live in a e* postcode (the lowest of low) at 18 my 306 was only 800 odd tpft.. And that was lowered, stage 1 etc etc
(25-02-2015, 08:56 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Brentacre for the win!

agreed!
Oh dear.... I pay like £48pm
Yeah I really think something isn't right I mean how can it be that high compared to other people my age. I know a few people in work who have only had a licence 6 months and there paying half what I pay ive had my licence a year in March 

(25-02-2015, 08:59 PM)Lita-Marie Wrote: [ -> ]Oh dear.... I pay like £48pm
I would kill to pay even just £100 a month
If u want it real cheap then insure one of ur folks and put u as a named driver.... That's what I used to do. U won't get any no claims that way tho.
(25-02-2015, 09:02 PM)Lita-Marie Wrote: [ -> ]If u want it real cheap then insure one of ur folks and put u as a named driver.... That's what I used to do. U won't get any no claims that way tho.

My mum doesn't drive and my dad doesn't live with me unfortunately. I put my dad on my policy when I was getting quotes and it only knocked it down £40 :/ he's been bribing over 25 years and has never had an accident or points. Insurance company's just hate me lol
I must say, I was a bit upset recently that Greenlight wouldn't cover my Alpina B10 V8. That being said, brentacre wouldn't cover my Lancer Evo.

I'm running a few quotes for you now to see what I can come up with.
Have u tried admiral?
(25-02-2015, 09:02 PM)Lita-Marie Wrote: [ -> ]If u want it real cheap then insure one of ur folks and put u as a named driver.... That's what I used to do. U won't get any no claims that way tho.

Yeah, don't do that.. unless your parent is genuinely the main user.. Instead, I'd suggest get your no-claims by having the policy in your name and adding a parent or grandparent. 
(25-02-2015, 08:40 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Greenlight only take proper cars as well, not diesels...

They might take it if you argue that it is the sporty diesel and it is modified and tuned etc.

Pretty sure they cover the Fiesta Zetec S TDCI.

Have you tried asking insurers why your premiums are so high?
I remember a few years back adding my wife as a second driver on the MR2 reduced the premium from £1000 to £600. Seems a lottery with insurance companys
(25-02-2015, 09:09 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, don't do that.. unless your parent is genuinely the main user.. Instead, I'd suggest get your no-claims by having the policy in your name and adding a parent or grandparent. 

I suppose it just depends what type of person u are and what u are willing to do......
Pages: 1 2 3