306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: egr blanking?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just bougt a blanking plate for my pug. Will I need to get a couple of gaskets from anywhere? Also can I unplug the egr valve as well? Might be pointless unplugging as well though haha
Theres a guide in the guide section on this most people block of the vac lines to the solenoids as unpluggimg logs a silent code. I used a new gasket for the inlet elbow and some instant gasket on the egr blank. Mines never leaked since.
Okie dokie awesome Smile cheers Smile
Well I split it open just wide enough to slid the blanking plate in (had open holes) I put a lot of instant gasket on both sides so hopefully there wont be any leaks. I then just clamped it back up nice as I had hardly disturbed the intake elbow gasket (or so he says) if it leaks it will just be sorted properly haha. If not then jackpot Tongue lol
I did that the first time and needless to say about 2 days later it started making a horrible boost leak noise and was covered in oily black stuff. Ended up taking it of and making a proper job of it (cleaning both sides and replacing inlet gasket)