306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: MOT - taking bets!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the '6 is in for its MOT this Saturday!

What you reckon??

Changing the decat tomorrow; but this MOT means the car has been in my ownership for 1 year! impressive! Big Grin
Fail - Handbrake Inefficient
Pass - advisories on track rod end and blowing exhaust
(17-02-2015, 04:54 PM)mr_fish Wrote: [ -> ]Fail - Handbrake Inefficient

Don't even joke with this one Sad

(17-02-2015, 04:56 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Pass - advisories on track rod end and blowing exhaust

Agreed; rushed bodgery and amount of popping and banging been done! wouldn't surprise me
corroded rear handbrake cables!
failure
Pass, or worst case emissions / rear brakes...

Provided everything else is quickly checked over etc for obvious issues before hand!
As above, handbrake and emissions same thing my 306 fails on every year, I always add 50kg of weight in the boot and thrash it well
(17-02-2015, 05:48 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Pass, or worst case emissions / rear brakes...

Provided everything else is quickly checked over etc for obvious issues before hand!

Is the plan for tomorrow! Swap the exhaust over and check front bushes and back end
Long as theres no play anywhere, brakes are free / handbrake adjusted up, there pretty good for MOT really, provided engine / emissions are all ok anyway..
Is it a new cat or a second hand one your fitting?

Fail on emissions if it's second hand and a CV boot.
Emissions i reckon. If you have a standard cat, you should be alright but if its aftermarket, you're going to have to get it glowing to scrape through that test.
(17-02-2015, 06:31 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Is it a new cat or a second hand one your fitting?

Fail on emissions if it's second hand and a CV boot.

Had both CV boots done last year and the exhaust is the same cat i used last year and it passed pretty well.

Havn't had the cat on for the bulk of the year!

I am highly optimistic
washer jets and a chipped windscreen
(17-02-2015, 07:19 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]washer jets and a chipped windscreen

That'd be my luck lmao
Heh i never see how cars fail on things like washer jets / chipped windscreens / cv boots etc, as these are such easy things to check, I mean windscreen wash, why wouldnt you test it on the way! No point putting it in if it dosnt work!

Should be reet, just drive it on the door handles there and clean it inside / out / wheels archs etc before you start, show the tester you like the car, and he will to Smile
Done that already Darren! At the moment it's spanking clean!
Hoping it stays that way by Saturday!
If mine passed yours will be fine ha
It'll be straight through I reckon

If you need a hand, or a driveway if she does fail lemme know Wink
And she's in for the test.

Managed to get a non-flashing dash this morning also! lol
Whether that last or not
Good luck mate, here's hoping you get the same sort of surprise I did yesterday! Wink

(19-02-2015, 06:52 PM)Sian Wrote: [ -> ]If mine passed yours will be fine ha
If MINE passed, there's hope for all of us! lmao
My mot is coming up in a week or so. Got to do my rear wheel bearing on payday then she will pass no problem. Already done a mock mot on it.
Passed first time.

And the MOT tester loved the car. Started getting into depth about my "plenum chamber" and the technicalities behind air flow

He used to have one. He was very picky with advisories

Pin hole in CV boot
Both TRE's worn

But they're both seized so getting entire rods and ends changed.

Oh, and just realised, he fixed my door check strap; it was bent and missing a bolt. Didn't tell me - absolute legend!