306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: So moved the HDi to it's new home last night...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just moved house and had to move the HDi over to the new place. Don't know anyone with a flat-bed or anyone that can drive one and couldn't afford to hire one with a driver, so only way to move it was to tow a few miles across Southampton.

Wasn't looking forward to it anyway and within seconds of setting off it was raining. The battery we'd put in to move it appeared to be shagged - the lights worked, but only as long as we didn't use the windscreen wipers... :? Despite having been sat for 4 months the brakes appeared to be great, so cracked on regardless.

Went really well most of the way until a roundabout about half a mile from the destination, where me and my best mate decided to have a bit of a communication break-down. Cue on-boost full throttle versus the strangely excellent brakes, with the inevitable result...

Heard the bang at the time, but didn't realise how bad it was - neither dan or i could see or feel anything majorly wrong so just finished towing it the new house before inspecting the damage. Didn't feel too clever once i'd taken the front off...

[Image: DSC_0043.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0044.jpg]

Bollocks. Doh

And on a side-note, if anyone wondered what happened to the rest of the cabby...

[Image: DSC_0039.jpg]

Ended up getting about £200 of the scrap man for the chassis, wheels and a few other bits. Haven't even got rid of the cat yet, well chuffed!
I don't understand? :think:
silverzx Wrote:I don't understand? :think:

Basically, he's f*cked it style!

Well a least you've got 200 quid to repair it!
Yeah, front plate on the ns chassis leg has been pulled clean off, twisted the centre spar slightly too. Just another job to fix really, will just straighten it out and weld it tbh so hopefully won't cost much. Gutted we got so close without incident really, bloody typical.
You complete tit! Haha at least it's easy fix. Haha that picture of the cabby took me some time to work out what you had done lol