306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Closing down..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As many of you know my parents own a hand and power tool shop in taunton! Sadly Signs are now up as its closing down! They can no longer compete with the big company's anymore Sad Go grab some good deals guys Smile

RMTOOLS TA1 1TQ
riiiiight.

no link or anything?
They don't have a proper live website, it's a small business RMTOOLS TA1 1TQ
Well... im not driving down there...
Sorry.. Did I say you should! There are many local people around! Im not telling you to go there am i! Keep the sarcastic comments out of the post!
Easy Tiger!!

Shame this. More and more common.

I'd be down like a whippet if I was closer
Any cheap impact gun's /wrench battery operated??
Just annoyed with 'banter' this is/was there life for the last 15years! Hard enough as it is without sarcy comments :/

I will ask my mum for prices on things when I see her tomorrow Chris Smile
(10-02-2015, 03:45 PM)Sian Wrote: [ -> ]Just annoyed with 'banter' this is/was there life for the last 15years! Hard enough as it is without sarcy comments :/

I will ask my mum for prices on things when I see her tomorrow Chris Smile

I understand, went straight over Sam's head, don't think he meant to sound that much of a c**t, maybe more of a heartless tw*t with low social skills Big Grin
Impact Gun/Wrench interest here too.

It's a shame they couldn't make a go of it with ebay/amazon sales to back them up. But so many big players in the market.

Hope they've got something sorted for retirement.
(10-02-2015, 01:18 PM)Sian Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry.. Did I say you should! There are many local people around! Im not telling you to go there am i! Keep the sarcastic comments out of the post!

you know i love you really...  Nospeak
(10-02-2015, 04:09 PM)MisterGTR Wrote: [ -> ]Impact Gun/Wrench interest here too.

It's a shame they couldn't make a go of it with ebay/amazon sales to back them up. But so many big players in the market.

Hope they've got something sorted for retirement.

Il ask tomorrow Smile they sell abit on eBay but with the fees and everything it's not breaking even. Retirement? Their both in there 40s haha 

(10-02-2015, 04:45 PM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2015, 01:18 PM)Sian Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry.. Did I say you should! There are many local people around! Im not telling you to go there am i! Keep the sarcastic comments out of the post!

you know i love you really...  Nospeak

I don't love you haha Nospeak
 I could do them an online shop for a tenner a month, might be a way around it
(10-02-2015, 04:55 PM)chylledapps Wrote: [ -> ] I could do them an online shop for a tenner a month, might be a way around it

They have a website, but its time consuming uploading all stock they sell so matt different things! And then you need storage for all the items
I'd go for a battery impact wrench too!

any clearance ratchet spanners too! and a 1/4 inch socket set!
You're probably better off posting prices of general/popular things like spanners/ratchets/socket sets etc 
When do they finally close? I'm going to be going to Cornwall this weekend, but might be able to drop in one day during the week... Few bits I want.
I've been in the shop a few times back along. Nice people running it and wasn't to badly priced.

May pop in if i go taunton this weekend
Air tools!!!???
such a shame to loose such a resource
what are their opening hours ATM and what sort of reductions are there?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.018356...e2!6m1!1e1
They are closing end of March. Il be seeing my mum tomorrow il get a price list sorted on popular items guys

(10-02-2015, 07:18 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]such a shame to loose such a resource
what are their opening hours ATM and what sort of reductions are there?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.018356...e2!6m1!1e1

They are literally gutted! Been massive part of our family for years, starting from a little market stall in Bridgwater to the shop 15yrs ago! Everything ends eventually hey! I'll ask my mum about deals and reductions tomorrow paul Smile 9-5 opening times Monday-Saturday ! Or give them a call if you are after something 01823 336154
It's a shame but thats how the market goes, cheapest wins
Having said that am trying to buy meat from the local market rather than supermarket but the problem is convenience. Cant do a food shop at the market after work as they're closed
I'd be interested in an impact gun.

Sorry to hear the bad news
Sorry to see they are having to close. I hate seeing the bigger players killing off the local high street stores but unfortunately thats the way the world is going.
If i had some money, id have a few bits but Greece has more money than me at the moment.
Also interested in tools pending prices...
My mum has informed me its 10% off all items, I will get a price list of items including the impact guns tomorrow!
Gutted to hear this Sian, so many small businesses going under recently, soon we'll be at the mercy of the big, faceless corporations for everything. Proper tool shops are rare, being able to walk in and talk to someone saying "I need to do this, what would you use and do you have it?", can't do that with Amazon Sad
(10-02-2015, 08:54 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Gutted to hear this Sian, so many small businesses going under recently, soon we'll be at the mercy of the big, faceless corporations for everything. Proper tool shops are rare, being able to walk in and talk to someone saying "I need to do this, what would you use and do you have it?", can't do that with Amazon Sad
Agreed. I spent an hour or so chatting to a guy that runs a motor factors in Patrick (Glasgow). I was trying to get my AC pipes to hold together as the spring clip had broken. And then we chatted cars. He's in his 70s so vast knowledge. Same with another guy nearer me. I tell him what I'm trying to do and he helps out.
(10-02-2015, 08:54 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Gutted to hear this Sian, so many small businesses going under recently, soon we'll be at the mercy of the big, faceless corporations for everything. Proper tool shops are rare, being able to walk in and talk to someone saying "I need to do this, what would you use and do you have it?", can't do that with Amazon Sad

Always the way hey Sad it's so sad! At least they have the knowledge now to go into another tool job that's one postive! Was so handy when I needed some tools though Sad