306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Stripped bolt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any ideas on how to get a stripped bolt or nut out??
Which bolt is it? Wheel bolt?
(08-02-2015, 04:26 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Which bolt is it?  Wheel bolt?

No bolt that holds down pip on to the back of the turbo!! :/
Ah those ones are a right bugger!!

If the threads have stripped and its just spinning you'll have to cut it off, not much access though!
(08-02-2015, 04:32 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah those ones are a right bugger!!

If the threads have stripped and its just spinning you'll have to cut it off, not much access though!

Ahh great, that's going to be fun then, there's always one bolt ant there!! Sad
Do you mean a head stud for the manifold or similar?

Have you stripped the thread in the hole on the important bit or just the outside of the stud?
He means the turbo to cat pipe bolt/nut I think?
(08-02-2015, 04:45 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]He means the turbo to cat pipe bolt/nut I think?

That is entirely removable though and can be replaced with any old M6/8/10 that you have lying about.
But you'll still have to cut it in half to get it out...
It's litterally one of two bolts that fit the cat part of the exhasust the ones with the springs!!
Right so if the bolt is stripped then just pull it out?

Or am I missing something?
It just spins, tried to pull it out with pliers but just dosent want to come out no matter how long you wrench it/ pull it!
The nut is spinning on the bolt Chris, stripped/crossed threads, cant tighten or loosen it... It's happened to me a couple of times.

Edit - Just to check, you are counter holding the head aren't you? If not, it will spin lol.
(08-02-2015, 05:00 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]The nut is spinning on the bolt Chris, stripped/crossed threads, cant tighten or loosen it...  It's happened to me a couple of times.

Edit - Just to check, you are counter holding the head aren't you?  If not, it will spin lol.

Yes otherwise that would be embarassing! Smile
Is the nut still on it??
Does it budge at all?
Have you tried over tightening it to shear it?
(08-02-2015, 05:18 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Is the nut still on it??
Does it budge at all?
Have you tried over tightening it to shear it?

Yes tried over tightening it to sher it no joy!!