306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Zx = 306?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had a zx for a while now and am really getting on with it, I know there's a couple of other guys on here with zxs but with this place being a 306 owners club the majority of you are running them. 

Styling aside, what are the pros and cons of each when compared against each other?  Ill try and kick this off

306 has wider front track
Zx is ~ 100kg lighter than equivalent model
306 specific parts much more readily available
306 slightly better interior space
306 seems to have a proper expansion tank

Any more to add?

Not sure what's going on with that font!
ZX D-turbo's usually came with the Bosch pump, whereas the 306 more often came with the Lucas.
track width doesn't make any noticeable difference, its only the front anyway.

not needed any zx specific parts other than some body trim.

interior in the ZX no smaller, boot infact is better shape and rear visibility is better too!

depends which model you have, and not sure what you mean but they all have some kind of expansion tank, I hate those separate types on the later diesel 306's.
(04-02-2015, 11:24 AM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]track width doesn't make any noticeable difference, its only the front anyway.

not needed any zx specific parts other than some body trim.

interior in the ZX no smaller, boot infact is better shape and rear visibility is better too!

depends which model you have, and not sure what you mean but they all have some kind of expansion tank, I hate those separate types on the later diesel 306's.

I meant that it has a separate coolant reservoir rather than the rad cap on a zx.

Also 306s seem to suffer worse with rust, especially on the c pillar near the seatbelt mount.  Seen some horrific pics on here
ZXs go on sills, 306s go on rear arches, both go under the front arch when the underseal cracks, wouldn't say one is worse than the other.

The radiator tank is not connected how you think, it is still a proper coolant tank really, it just so happens to be attached to the side of the radiator.
Plus phase ones have the same rad a zxs.
both my zx's went through underneath the PAS reservoir, i lost about 25x10cm before it properly showed through
my first one was solid, shame I bent it, second one needed rear jacking points doing.
Lets not forget that sliding rear bench!

My floor/sills are solid but I've got a slightly crusty back arch where it meets the boot floor

(04-02-2015, 11:22 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: [ -> ]ZX D-turbo's usually came with the Bosch pump, whereas the 306 more often came with the Lucas.

Yeah mines got the bosch pump and garrett t2, I've heard that's the best combo
Yea for sure thats the best stock setup, good for tuning and good for running veg Smile
Mines rot free Smile sadly didn't come with a Bosch Sad