306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: twins are home!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
its home and even better than i thought
well chuffed!

just going through the folder of history that came with it

[attachment=21438]

the twins in looks only Wink

[attachment=21439]
You becoming a collector or is one of these going up for sale lol
no plans yet needs a good clean and an inspection before i decide on what its fate is
I don't understand why you are buying them all... Seems to be q surplus of then around near you...
im not buying them all!
i have bought a 306 that is the same colour as my daily and has the same engine as my weekend toy

dont you think this is a wise move on the spares front?

the spanner in the works is i believe it may be too good to break!
Ah yes it makes sense now... I thought this was a second moonstone Gti! Keep your eyes open for a diablo 3 door for me...
cully, easy one this, you build the white one into something daft and use that as some track day fun, moonstone derv, you keep as the daily, the moonstone gti, takes the place of the white 6
Ahhh such a manstone whore !!
(01-02-2015, 12:12 AM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]cully, easy one this, you build the white one into something daft and use that as some track day fun, moonstone derv, you keep as the daily, the moonstone gti, takes the place of the white 6

sorry you never see the money again turning it into a track car
they are both staying relitivly std as they are worth more and appeal to a bigger buyer crowed with the original parts rather than stripped
these cars are fun enough without turning them into a track toy you can only use 2-3 times a year in anger

thats my theroey anyway
How boring

I never see the point in making decisions on what to do with your own car based on some future sale!

Its your car, enjoy how you want to surely?!

That amazing spare engine you have built up...you'll never see the money back for that...surely that wants to go in the white one and make it a real toy!
(01-02-2015, 11:21 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]How boring

I never see the point in making decisions on what to do with your own car based on some future sale!

This. You will NEVER get back the money you invested. No one invests money in a car to make a profit so just enjoy it!!
Its like people buying a new car...

Looking at the colour chart they think hmmm I love that yellow...but I'll go for black/grey/silver coz its resale value will be better!
It's not just the money though, as Cully said you can enjoy a '6 every weekend...you can't a proper track car...

I also think about future sales with everything I do on a car, not to make a profit but more so as not to make a huge loss and reduce the prospective audience.
(01-02-2015, 11:27 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Its like people buying a new car...

Looking at the colour chart they think hmmm I love that yellow...but I'll go for black/grey/silver coz its resale value will be better!

Yeah tell that to the 5 people that brought a clio v6 in lunar grey  only 2 in the uk bet they laughing now.
my cars my choice!
if youd like to purchase my cars make an offer

anyway what a difference a wash makes, the outside of this car is way better than my moonstone HDI
shame i cant just change the plates Smile

[attachment=21476]
[attachment=21477]
Does look very tidy. Will it be broken for parts? Almost a crime to do that now days with how rare these are becoming!
ive been driving it round the estate shhhh!
its all up together it only knocks on the bottom end when the oils hot and you rev it off load on the run down
not a loud knock.
I may put a set of shells in and send it for MOT just for shits and giggles which will get a todo list which will decide its fate

so the plan is ATM (could change as still fluid)
remove sump inspect bottom end for damage and measure up

also reading through the history is interesting
6/2012 MOT'd No advisorys @122Kmiles
7/2012 complet topend rebuild 16 valves/guides/followers/cambelt/waterpump
11/2012 New Cat
somewhere here knock started and car layed up
2/2013 Tax ran out
6/2013 MOT Expired
2/2015 126kmiles
big end bearings are out and on my desk
no 4 was the knocker
the crank is not blued nor is it marked nor was the bearing through the white metal

tomorrows job is to measure the crank too size the bearings so I can get the correct size

hardest part of the removal was getting the aircon pump off and breaking the sump sealant hold

now off to work
(02-02-2015, 02:00 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]big end bearings are out and on my desk
no 4 was the knocker
the crank is not blued nor is it marked nor was the bearing through the white metal

tomorrows job is to measure the crank too size the bearings so I can get the correct size

hardest part of the removal was getting the aircon pump off and breaking the sump sealant hold

now off to work

Fair play cully you dont mess about Smile

Personally i would fix it and sell for profit, that way your love of 306's can keep them going and provide money to spend on your other 306's Big Grin  win win situ!
been and measured up the crank
std bearings have a range between 49.984mm-50.000mm
the crank measures between 49.98mm-49.99mm

so ive ordered a set of std bigend shells
crank must be bang on then! pics of the suspect big end shell?
Hope its an easy fix Smile
I've not got any pictures on my phone of the bare crank ends or the shells yet, but will get them once ive cleaned up the oil a little.
as I'm working on my back here with the car on front ramps only so iv got to limit the oil slick

i did take one picture today though
picture is looking up into the engine, the shell caps are back on after taking the shells out

[attachment=21509]
You make it seem so easy! lol

I despise working on my back under cars, need a pit in your man cave!
Why did you have to save it. I could use a dirt cheap 3 door ph3 shell.. Tongue
as said in earlyer posts its not saved yet it is still hanging on the MOT failure sheet Tongue
(04-02-2015, 04:40 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]as said in earlyer posts its not saved yet it is still hanging  on the MOT failure sheet Tongue

'Front chassis leg non-existent'... Tongue
(04-02-2015, 04:40 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]as said in earlyer posts its not saved yet it is still hanging  on the MOT failure sheet Tongue

Put a pic of it up then. Blush
I'm sure you went over the car a fair bit cully...wouldn't be like you to buy a complete hound - unless v. cheap Tongue

looks ok from the pictures, though I know pictures mean nothing for the mechanics/suspension/etc.
I didn't look over it to be honest
the things that made me buy it were
4 good wheels + 4 new toyo proxies
moonstone in colour for spares
gti6 engine/box for spares
exhaust system

those things alone added up to a good buy as a good spares package + he came down to the price i offered a month earlier Wink

but as always there's a but
on looking over it while giving it a wash and looking at the usual
jacking points and chassis legs its spotless

(04-02-2015, 04:54 PM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]

Put a pic of it up then. Blush

MOT expired 6/2013
I'm changing out the shells so I can drive it to the MOT centre then i will have the sheet to show Wink
Pages: 1 2