306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: New to the forum but not the cars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Evening all, just thought I would post a quick hello as I joined the club yesterday.
I've just purchased a 2000 (W) moonstone HDI Dturbo, it has 106k and nearly full Peugeot service history. it needs a bit of tidying here and there but the engine and body work are sound.
I've also owned:-
1996 (P) Dturbo S in blue (i've regretted selling that one ever since)
2000 (X) HDI Dturbo in blue
There's something about these that keeps bringing me back to them.

My other car is a Mazda RX8 which I also love and last year I carried out a full engine rebuild along with some subtle mods.
I'm now looking forward to seeing what I can do to the 306.
Cheers
Phil
Hello and welcome Phil

Hdi daily and rx8 weekendBig Grin ?
Welcome!
Get some pics up. Will be good to see the RX8 as well. Always had a soft spot for them!
Almost a perfect combination, i can't afford the petrol to use the RX8 as a daily drive (20 mpg on a really good day) but it is brilliant to drive.
I like the look at RX-8's but I've never had the chance to go in one, sound good tho! As said, pics or else Smile
I like the RX8 it just the fuel consumption that puts me off!
My mate had 231 which I used for a week Big Grin

We fitted a toyo YES toyo exhaust which made it sound like a fighter jet and spit flames

also was the easiest thing to drift literally unspinable with traction on 
Welcome

As said pics plz
Is there a guide somewhere on how to add / link photo's ?
Cheers
Phil
Welcome
I think I've sussed it out, here's a few of the Mazda, I'll post some of the 306 tomorrow

[attachment=21455]

[attachment=21456]

[attachment=21457]

And of course one of the engine

[attachment=21458]

I think the wheels will be getting a respray this year.

Cheers
Looks epic. Do love a RX8!
Are them seats half leather half alcantara? If so, did they do them in black like that?
The seat are half leather half alcantera they are from one of the special editions (not original to that car), Mazda only made a black version as Recaro's in the latest version (RX8 R3) and they usually sell for around £1000 if you can find them.
There are many colour combinations available in full leather, Black, Red/black, tan/black, yellow/black, stone, a few others in the special editions and a grey/black in cloth.

The engine red lines at 9k and the fuel cut off is at 10k so plenty of revs and there's no vibration just more noise.
I had some mild ports cut on the engine while i had it out and they add a bit of much needed low down torque (4-5K range) which the engine is really lacking in.

Cheers

Phil
Ah ok. I have black and grey cloth ones in my 306 and love them but am partial to a good set of leather and alcantara seats lol
Love the rx mate

Driven one and yeah what a car,have to keep reminding myself why I shouldn't buy one lol