306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: To buy or not DPF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, looking at a car up for sale at the minute with DPF problems which seems like it could be a bargain

Car in question is a 2004 C4 Vts 2.0 HDI and he wants 700 for it. Says it has DPF problems but not given me a specific answer about what's wrong yet and needs 2 tyres.

Could it be just as simple as ripping out the DPF for a straight pipe and a map?
better not be the coupe as i want one!
And will it still sail through mot emissions test without one

(25-01-2015, 08:59 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]better not be the coupe as i want one!

You've got enough cars Paul Tongue
Can everyone stop buying broken cars !! lol
The DPF needs to be present for MOT...unless you know the tester anyway!

Tbh, sticking a pattern DPF on would probably do the job, though it might need an Eolys refill as well.
Can I not just gut the DPF instead then?
Can if you want (although technically illegal), but then it will need remapping. I think the 2.0 uses a straight DPF, the 1.6 one is bent so cant bash it through lol.
think they need a some sort of restriction in the dpf as there are pressure sensors before and after i believe

if you cut it out the sensors need mapping out
Yep, exactly that, the pressure difference is measured either side of the DPF block. The ECU expects a certain amount of difference so if it see's no difference it knows theres a problem and can go into limp mode.