306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Insurance Renewal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So it's that time of year again - just come through the post, and my insurance company is wanting to put my insurance up from last year Doh

Can anyone recommend any decent car insurers away from the GOCOMPARE companies?

Any tips on getting insurance quotes?

I'm 22, 3 NCB, only driver, -6k miles a year... surely my premium shouldn't be this much - they're wanting £763.87

Please don't post telling me that your insurance is considerably lower than mine Confusednooty:
Have you tried adding your mum/aunty onto the policy aswel? Iv had my mum and hannahs mum on my policies for the last 2 years, they nearly half my premium! Worth a shot because as 'named' drivers its completely legal, just make sure you are still the main driver. Bit off topic but should help!

As for companies, NOT admiral/bell/elephant, unless you can't help it lol They always seem cheapest for me but as a company they are awful. Try going through a local broker or calling some of the modified/young driver companies like Adrian flux, Chriss knott, Brentacre etc
My insurance is considerably higher than yours! 2YNCB, 3 points 1.8 £1200 Sad

Only thing i can say is the comparison sites take a cut of the cost so go on them find the cheapest... and then go direct and youll probably get it cheaper! Big Grin
I'm gonna try brentacre for mine (next month) as I'm fed up with admiral..............but admiral/elephant/bell always seem to be cheapest (without mods...).

Mine was a grand for this year after adding mods btw.......
Must say I'm with admiral and there not the cheapest in the world but have been so helpful for me with my recent claim. There also very reasonable for adding mods (think I payed £25 quid extra for the year for my manifold and induction kit)
They will also insure mods now so if you crash and ruin your front shocks for example, they will replace like for like instead of for standard like some companies!
hm ok, yeh currently with admiral - but in all honesty, if anyone has ever knocked my car, its never been worth the insurance.
FFS tesco compare found me on insurer from £1,500!?!?!?
PM on route..
Replied = what a leg-end
Niall Wrote:Must say I'm with admiral and there not the cheapest in the world but have been so helpful for me with my recent claim. There also very reasonable for adding mods (think I payed £25 quid extra for the year for my manifold and induction kit)
They will also insure mods now so if you crash and ruin your front shocks for example, they will replace like for like instead of for standard like some companies!

I find their call centres bloody awful...and they only allow you certain number of mods.....not enough for me! Sad

They're ok for upto 4 mods I think...my remap only cost £15 to add I think.

Jordan.....I keep meaning to ask you, do you have like a direct phone number in Flux? As my car probably classes as modified now ninja and my last flux online quote was ridiculous....
Massive thanks to Jordan, JJ0063 - sorted out all mods declared! top guy!
Why cant he do that for me! Sad Sad
ginge191 Wrote:Massive thanks to Jordan, JJ0063 - sorted out all mods declared! top guy!

and the price was...?
Why can't he do it for all of us...
Because he doesnt like all of you, he likes me, were friends.
Dan! Wrote:he likes me, were friends.

Clearly he only likes ginge.......must be something to do with hair colour...? :think: Big Grin
Toms306 Wrote:
Niall Wrote:Must say I'm with admiral and there not the cheapest in the world but have been so helpful for me with my recent claim. There also very reasonable for adding mods (think I payed £25 quid extra for the year for my manifold and induction kit)

I find their call centres bloody awful...and they only allow you certain number of mods.....not enough for me! Sad

Jordan.....I keep meaning to ask you, do you have like a direct phone number in Flux? As my car probably classes as modified now ninja and my last flux online quote was ridiculous....

Funny that. I've got 6 mods on mine.....
Niall Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:I find their call centres bloody awful...and they only allow you certain number of mods.....not enough for me! Sad

Funny that. I've got 6 mods on mine.....

But you can't add 6 on a new policy, you must have started with 4 or less??
No I started with 2 but thats stupid. Why would they let you open a policy with 4 then phone straight back and add more?
If your basing this on how many you can add online, don't. The guy there told me you can have more than the online form lets you.
TheGateKeeper Wrote:
ginge191 Wrote:Massive thanks to Jordan, JJ0063 - sorted out all mods declared! top guy!

and the price was...?

all mods declared it was only £10 cheaper a year than on my previous policy, but when i started my previous policy, i had no mods on there - so im happy all round.

European cover also for when i go abroad, and all additional mods covered for future reference no charge
Toms306 Wrote:I'm gonna try brentacre for mine (next month) as I'm fed up with admiral..............but admiral/elephant/bell always seem to be cheapest (without mods...).

I've just renewed with brentacre and they're bloody good.

Oh and ANY mods are completely free to add to the policy not even an admin charge
Its only performance mods theyll charge for and I so far have a 150 bhp limit

Same as you I'm 22 with 3 yr NCB but I have 9 points. Was about 830 ish iirc with all mods declared
4WayDiablo Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:I'm gonna try brentacre for mine (next month) as I'm fed up with admiral..............but admiral/elephant/bell always seem to be cheapest (without mods...).

I've just renewed with brentacre and they're bloody good.

Oh and ANY mods are completely free to add to the policy not even an admin charge

Same as you I'm 22 with 3 yr NCB but I have 9 points. Was about 830 ish iirc with all mods declared

So not every mod is free then? You lie! What the hell did you do for 9 points?
4WayDiablo Wrote:Same as you I'm 22 with 3 yr NCB but I have 9 points. Was about 830 ish iirc with all mods declared

Fair price with 9 points there
Niall Wrote:No I started with 2 but thats stupid. Why would they let you open a policy with 4 then phone straight back and add more?
If your basing this on how many you can add online, don't. The guy there told me you can have more than the online form lets you.

WTF is the point of that?? I know what mods I want from the boxes (even if they do need a longer list...) so why would I want to phone some foregner who can't understand me to add mods!? :? I almsot had 'suspension lowered' added instead of remap as they don't understand what a remap is.......I had to call it a chip in the end...which it isn't.
Toms306 Wrote:
Niall Wrote:No I started with 2 but thats stupid. Why would they let you open a policy with 4 then phone straight back and add more?

WTF is the point of that?? I know what mods I want from the boxes (even if they do need a longer list...) so why would I want to phone some foregner who can't understand me to add mods!? :? I almsot had 'suspension lowered' added instead of remap as they don't understand what a remap is.......I had to call it a chip in the end...which it isn't.

Careful with that. Ask them to add a note to your account stating its a remap. I had to do this with my manifold as they don't have a category for inlet manifold so they out it down under induction kit and added a note.
We all know insurerers will use any excuse to get out of paying!
Niall Wrote:Careful with that. Ask them to add a note to your account stating its a remap. I had to do this with my manifold as they don't have a category for inlet manifold so they out it down under induction kit and added a note.

This.

Make sure you specify, even if it is as a note!
Niall Wrote:
4WayDiablo Wrote:I've just renewed with brentacre and they're bloody good.

So not every mod is free then? You lie! What the hell did you do for 9 points?

Worded that badly haha all visual mods are free
Anything that doesn't effect performance
They also classify exhaust and air filter as non performance enhancing
Niall Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:WTF is the point of that?? I know what mods I want from the boxes (even if they do need a longer list...) so why would I want to phone some foregner who can't understand me to add mods!? :? I almsot had 'suspension lowered' added instead of remap as they don't understand what a remap is.......I had to call it a chip in the end...which it isn't.

Careful with that. Ask them to add a note to your account stating its a remap. I had to do this with my manifold as they don't have a category for inlet manifold so they out it down under induction kit and added a note.

I would've thought a remap was a much more common mod than a chip anyway?? I barely ever hear of people 'chipping' cars any more lol.

But I will ask them to add a note when I phone them up next....about 'exhaust changes' which they don't seem to have a box for......what kind of weird people do they take their common mods from!? lol

4WayDiablo Wrote:I've just renewed with brentacre and they're bloody good.

Yes this is why I want to go with them...200bhp limit (I hope....I assume you chose the limit yourself?) and anything else like lowering etc is free!! The way I've understood is even power mods are free as long as they don't go over your cap, 150bhp in your case?

And £830 isn't bad with those points lol.............I'll be 20 with 3yrs ncb (assuming i don't crash in the next few weeks) but no points so will be interesting to see thier price for me.....just a bit annoying they don't have an online quote thing tbh.

Edit - oh I was right now Ive seen reworded one lol Big Grin
brentacre for some reason has bumped my renewal up well over 100 quid! making it 580 quid for the rover tpft with 3k mileage! i belled flux and they worked it over for 460 quid which is cheeper than it was last year. they even said that the renewal quote brentacre gave me was silly for what the car is worth and the mileage the car does too.
Anyone see this on Watchdog the this week/last week?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2012...rance.html
Basically if you phone your current insurer posing as a new customer you'll probably get a cheaper price than the quoted you for your renewal.
Pages: 1 2