306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: I have emailed BP...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is my email...I think it's self explanatory:

"Good evening

After much disruption, the newly built BP fuel station in Stow On The Wold is up and running and looks all fancy. It is twinned now with M&S.

It's awful, a nightmare experience!

Firstly...from either direction, the price of diesel is completely unreadable. Brilliant. So we have to guess how much we are going to pay.

Secondly, I was impressed that the pumps have these 'long reach pump hoses'...so I don't have to wait...great I thought. Long reach, extra long...even 'long' is an a word which should NOT be used!! They ARE NO LONGER than normal. Useless.

Then, once in the shop to pay for my fuel which was more expensive than I thought and more difficult to fill up than it should have been...I was stuck in a queue. This was due to 2 reasons:
1) it's now a M&S shop which means not only is there cars left endlessly by a pump with others waiting to fill up while someone gets their weeks shopping, but also extended queues inside the shop of people not even buying fuel!!!!
2) the lovely checkout ladies want to talk to everyone about their life and grandkids...NO, i just want to pay for my ruddy fuel!  

After being in this queue for such a long time...three things happened;
1) I nearly lost the will to live
2) I considered how brilliant the old BP station was
3) I had forgotten the pump number I had used. And then realised by some genius that the pump numbers are hidden from view from inside the shop. 

Please at least sort out the sign so we know how much the fuel is. 
Maybe consider a 'fuel only' till also so those going to the BP fuel station for fuel don't have to wait an age while half the local town buy their groceries.

Please sort it out. The old one was better!"
I've never agreed with supermarkets twinning with petrol stations. You get dicks who go and do their whole weekly shop which should be done at a ....wait for it....supermarket!
Well, they'll laugh, send you a generic response & delete that.

It's written so poorly you'd never get a result from it!
Who cares. They won't!
Do you really think my writing style was my main worry!?! Haha
You are the whingiest son of a bitch known to man

P. S your seals should be with you tomorrow x
It's probably the first time I have ever emailed like that actually!!
Hopefully the sarcasm comes across!
I was laughing as I wrote it!
What a pointless email. As if it will do anything. You just went full on rant. Youve pleased yourself but in reality youve wasted your time and come across a massive bell.

I do agree that these new shopping stations are a pain but hey life isnt perfect. It was very convenient when i needed bacon on the way to grants!
I enjoy reading piggys rants haha Rofl 
Piggy quit the car vlogs and just do Piggy vs videos

Maybe you and tom can get together and create a unstoppable dueo lol
If you don't like it then go somewhere else??
You do make a valid point thought. I don't see why you can't do self service checkouts with petrol stations. (not pay at pump which I hate as it doesn't take cash and I don't trust it with my card)
Really?!...Really?! could of least emailed them asking for something worth while like asking them when or if they are bring back E85!
(02-01-2015, 10:21 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]You do make a valid point thought. I don't see why you can't do self service checkouts with petrol stations. (not pay at pump which I hate as it doesn't take cash and I don't trust it with my card)

its a good point but it requires a bit of attention to keep track of who has paid etc. If the only staff is busy serving they may not notice someone fuel up, stand at a self service machine and not pay and then drive off. Same could be said for pay at pump though. My card isnt accepted at petrol pumps for some reason.
Why not make the inside shops 5 items or less? Then people can grab one or two things if they need it like I did the other day with some milk but stops people doing the full week shop
(02-01-2015, 09:54 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]What a pointless email. As if it will do anything. You just went full on rant. Youve pleased yourself but in reality youve wasted your time and come across a massive bell.

I do agree that these new shopping stations are a pain but hey life isnt perfect. It was very convenient when i needed bacon on the way to grants!

Haha QFT.

If it concerns you that much, use a petrol station that is just that. There are worse things going on in the world.
(02-01-2015, 09:25 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Who cares. They won't!
Do you really think my writing style was my main worry!?! Haha

You care.

I don't realllly get the point for this apart from an attempt to win another award at xmas meet '15...
Lol it makes me laugh the things some people have to worry about.....

And zero f**ks are going to be given by who ever receives that email...

Id recommend just finding a new fuel station, if I'm honest Tongue My local one hasnt had fuel AT ALL for the last 3 out of 5 times ive been there, but ill be honest ive not found the time / need to complain yet...
[attachment=20898]
I honestly don't believe you wrote that email as a joke, it's not funny & it's not sarcastic either! I'm laughing at it not at the content!

Faillll.
This is the worst thing to happen to fuel stations, Doris doing her weekly shop who always forgets that 1 thing and buggers off in search for it whilst the only cashier can't deal with the 8 fuel customers who don't want anything else bar fuel, that and all those shit pay at pumps that always reject my card even though it's accepted worldwide in chip an pin readers and always has more than enough money in it grrrrrrrr!!!
Terrible effort 
The points you've raised are fair enough. I get annyoed at all of them, all the time. Our sainsburys one is like that. The asda one is like a drive though. Once paid you jump in your car and drive to a kiosk. Its awesome!! I fill up there when not running veg.
Why are you buying diesel anyway Piggy? Veg ftw surely? Itwasntme

A couple of months back, I watched someone park in the one-car-wide exit to go and buy something other than diesel - bearing in mind theres a small carpark next to the filling station. Dodgy Apart from that, I find sainsburys is usually pretty quick despite having a shop attached, but I think its because its literally next to a massive supermarket. The problem with the M&S ones is that's the only shop there. I stopped at one at a services once, I was dehydrated after a 'problem' and just wanted a bottle of drink...the queue was so long I didn't get the drink and left, was glad I hadn't bought petrol!!
lmao Wingnuts

This is why I always try to use Shell stations. Most of theirs aren't paired with a supermarket (some of the bigger ones are pairing with Waitrose) so you can go in, grab a coffee, pay for your derv and sod off again!
I don't have a choice to be honest. Its my closest station and its 4miles away!
Plus i get cashback with BP on my card and get nectar and its usually a good price.

Just a funny rant.

Tbh, I dont care what people think of the writing style or if it will get effect, I had a right laugh writing it and reading it to MrsPiggy! No matter how i wrote it, it wouldnt make a difference.
But we all like to rant dont we!
(02-01-2015, 10:53 PM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]Why not make the inside shops 5 items or less? Then people can grab one or two things if they need it like I did the other day with some milk but stops people doing the full week shop

They make a much better profit per sale on general groceries than on fuel alone.

They make a couple of pence per litre on the fuel, even on a 50 litre tank it's not much per customer.
(03-01-2015, 12:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have a choice to be honest. Its my closest station and its 4miles away!

Is that all!?  My closest is about 12 miles away...

Unless you count the village station that are still charging over £1.20 a litre and are closed most of the time. lol
(03-01-2015, 02:48 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2015, 12:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have a choice to be honest. Its my closest station and its 4miles away!

Is that all!?  My closest is about 12 miles away...

Unless you count the village station that are still charging over £1.20 a litre and are closed most of the time. lol

My closest is 0.3 miles away. lmao
[Image: 4db77_ORIG-look_at_all_the_fucks_i_give.jpg]
Wildbean Cafe's and the like irritate me, I was second in the queue the other day and waited 10 minutes whilst the only person serving wandered off to make a coffee and nuke a sandwich for the person in front  Angry
Pages: 1 2