306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Motaquip XU10J4RS Cambelt Too Cheap?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wouldn't. Motaquip stuff is ok but by no means anything special and you can't afford a cam belt to fail obviously!
You can pick up a Contibelt or Gates from the likes of GSF and ECP for £15-20. Sometimes you even see genuine ones come up on T'Bay for about the same price.
(25-12-2014, 05:33 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't. Motaquip stuff is ok but by no means anything special and you can't afford a cam belt to fail obviously!
You can pick up a Contibelt or Gates from the likes of GSF and ECP for £15-20. Sometimes you even see genuine ones come up on T'Bay for about the same price.

Thanks Niall!
Im thinking of going Dayco then, much better than motaquip?
Oh yeah much better! Dayco (which is what pug used for the genuine ones IIRC), Contibelt or Gates IMO
That belt is probably made by one of the better brands then sold as motaquip, still dont skimp on cheap belts if you can help it
Motoquip is owned by psa so most likely a genuine pug belt in a different box.
The clutches and brakes certainly are.
(25-12-2014, 06:12 PM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]Motoquip is owned by psa so most likely a genuine pug belt in a different box.
The clutches and brakes certainly are.

Funny because all the genuine clutches I've had have blatantly had Valeo written on them Wink
never had problem with motaquip, its usually what pug dealers use on older cars that go in for work.
Exactly niall all the motoquip clutches ive had have been valeo too.
Saying that I've had a genuine dt one that wasn't a valeo though.
Thanks guys, one more question - is VTT243/VTT308 the genuine motaquip part number for the timing belt kit?
ah, that is just a belt from a stock clearance seller.

may end up more expensive buying that and the pulleys separately, good kits are around 50-60 upwards.
So im guessing its a no go then?
Order the cheapest brand from ECP...chances are they wont have one and give you an even better brand for the cheaper price. I ordered a Dayco and got a Conti delivered... Big Grin
Thanks Tom, that's what I was going to do all along, £56 or something for a Dayco one, was yours a similar price?
Something like that, but they had a different offer on at the time.

Plus you get TopCashBack from ECP if you use that.

I got sent the the £80 Conti kit though... Wink
Nice one Tom!
I always thought topcashback was a con aha
Just bought a circoli waterpump for the bargain price of £12.54 for the Rallye, cant complain when its usually over £20!
A con? I 'earnt' £60 from it this year...and have more 'waiting' from bying a few xmas gifts this month.

The only catch is you 'lose' a fiver when you take the cashback out if you want it as cash - but that's a capped fiver so leave it until you have enough to make it worthwhile. Or you can take it as vouchers and don't lose the fiver, but obv then are tied to one shop.

But even with losing the fiver, that's still £55 I got simply from buying stuff I was gonna buy anyway. And of course the more you buy the more you get lol.

I also always look for discount codes and vouchers before buying anything. Wink Yes I'm a tight bugger... Tongue
Motaquip water pumps are OE or are at the moment and far exceed any non brandeds one, No idea on belt kit's as I always use OE Pug ones which if in the trade club are silly cheap, Never had much to say about Conti belt's, but it's like any product, you get good and bad experiences of them
ECP are evil and a bunch of arses.
Think you've confused them with GSF... lol
Nope. Significantly worse than GSF.
Not here, GSF are terrible, don't think I've ever got the right part first time!

The local garage told me they only use GSF as a last resort as well. I guess it depends which branch you use lol.
all the genuine pug belt kits I've had came with dayco belts (bulk bought a load of xu10j4rs belt kits ages ago from a dealer clearing stock) heard a few bad things about gates but then I spose you hear bad reports on most things...