306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Making Cd's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just tried to make a Cd for use with a standard radio, it did not work. anyone got a guide on how to do it?
Erm I assume you have done it as MP3 files on the CD. This wont work in a standard radio as it cant read the MP3 encription. You need to convert them to WAV files and then put them on.

Something like that anyway.
Get a tape deck, no compatibility issues and it sounds better Wink
I dont know what i did, i just used windows media player to make it... i have no idea really
Making CD's? 

WhooOOO?

/scottmills
Make sure you select 'audio cd' or something like that, anything but mp3/data cd. 
And i cant remember if standard stereos can play cd-rw's or not. 
some cd players won't read data from CDr discs as they are writen different to std bought music discs
Those ones are really quite rare tho.

I think I've encountered like one or two ever, and they were super mega old crappy things - that was ten years ago as well.
Jesus, this makes me feel old.
[Image: D6PfW.jpg?1322673184]
Hahahaha.......just buy a proper cd player, can mp3 or wma loads of cds on one disc then Smile
Old. If only because my first CD burner was a caddy drive, SCSI, and only burnt at 1x speed.
Copying CD's in "real time" Smile
And I remember MP2 files...
Don't use windows media player to burn CD's. It compresses the hell out the files and they sound crap. Use a burning software like Nero. You can usually get it on a Free trial.
(15-12-2014, 02:53 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: [ -> ]Those ones are really quite rare tho.

I think I've encountered like one or two ever, and they were super mega old crappy things - that was ten years ago as well.

What are 1990s 306 stereos if not old crappy ones?
There was an mp2?
(15-12-2014, 09:36 PM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-12-2014, 02:53 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: [ -> ]Those ones are really quite rare tho.

good point it does say standard - I'd assumed they all came with tape decks

(16-12-2014, 03:29 PM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]There was an mp2?

yea, back in the day you got the odd mp2.
Also shit like midi files which were awesome.
http://www.bigbookofamigahardware.com/bb...px?id=1272
There was an MP1 as well before that Smile
I had one of those cards for a while in an A3000

For MP3's I still use my empeg car player.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empeg_Car
The interface is still fantastic as is the audio. Simple text > fancy graphics every time.
If it weren't for the empeg there possibly wouldn't have been an iPod.

Way off topic now. Smile
(16-12-2014, 03:34 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-12-2014, 09:36 PM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]

good point it does say standard - I'd assumed they all came with tape decks

(16-12-2014, 03:29 PM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]There was an mp2?

yea, back in the day you got the odd mp2.
Also shit like midi files which were awesome.

Later cars came with CD players.