306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Naza 206 Bestari
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Has anyone ever seen this? In Malaysia, the Peugeot 206 is also marketed under the Naza name. It is sold as the Naza 206 Bestari, and is available in 1.4L petrol engine (TU3JP), and with the option of 5- speed manual transmission and 4-speed automatic transmission (codename AL4). It was replaced by 206 SD, which is renamed as 207 in Malaysia.

[Image: 1024px-Citro%C3%ABn_C2_China_2012-05-06.JPG]
and the latter mentioned 206 SD...

[Image: peugeot_206_sedan_14_.jpg]
Never heard of either of them, but is it wrong that I like the sedan?
(12-12-2014, 07:07 PM)Jimmy306uk Wrote: [ -> ]Never heard of either of them, but is it wrong that I like the sedan?

Yes. Tongue
Any idea why other countries tend to have a majority of sedans where we tend to have a majority of hatches? Always notice loads of sedans on travel programmes lol.

Not keen on that citroen 206 though, just odd lol!
(12-12-2014, 07:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea why other countries tend to have a majority of sedans where we tend to have a majority of hatches?  Always notice loads of sedans on travel programmes lol.

Not keen on that citroen 206 though, just odd lol!

Catering for different markets. Different countries like different things.
Yeah true, I just wondered why they prefer it. I suppose its more that we've moved to hatches for their small size for town driving and parking with practicality for getting stuff in the boot though.
I do wonder why they call the citroen fronted 206 a Naza when it clearly has citroen stamped on the wheels.
(12-12-2014, 09:49 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]I do wonder why they call the citroen fronted 206 a Naza when it clearly has citroen stamped on the wheels.

And the HUGE citroen badge on the bonnet!?
[Image: peugeot-206-plus_03_zps1s3cvdjm.jpg]

[Image: peugeot-206-plus_04_zpsozjnvw6d.jpg]

Peugeot 206 +

Basically a remodeled rear end and a 207 front end
It would be nice to have some of these rare models over here. The 306's on the continent for example. Heated seats and cruise control were an option.

Would be epic to go to a french breakers yard.
probably cause Citroen and/or peugeot are difficult for them to say.. few other char manufacturers do..

honda jazz for example.. honda Fit in japan and asian markets,

Fit means something TOTALLY different in the eastern EU states lol
(13-12-2014, 08:53 AM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]It would be nice to have some of these rare models over here. The 306's on the continent for example. Heated seats and cruise control were an option.

Would be epic to go to a french breakers yard.

[Image: tumblr_mk4bvwHC1q1ru055qo10_500.jpg]
(13-12-2014, 07:06 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ][Image: peugeot-206-plus_03_zps1s3cvdjm.jpg]

[Image: peugeot-206-plus_04_zpsozjnvw6d.jpg]

Peugeot 206 +

Basically a remodeled rear end and a 207 front end

Is it weird that I like that!?
Theres a corsa estate and sedan in Brazil, I kinda like the estate though?
wasn't the Vauxhall nova called a corsa in the Europe market
Novas are corsa a's, the estate I showed is a corsa b which they just call corsas :p
(13-12-2014, 04:12 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]wasn't the Vauxhall nova called a corsa in the Europe market

Yes, because nova means no go in Spanish. lmao
Those 206's are quite common in Malaysia, and Naza do other models based on defunct cars as well (my dad lives over there) like a true ex-pat though he has two V8 P38's (worth about 5k each over there due to huge import duties!)
Where do I sign the sedan looks siiiiccck!
I like the fact the Naza has twin front top mount cooling vents in the bonnet... my girlfriends 206 is always suffering with overheating NSF top mount - good to see they've rectified this design flaw.