306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: CNC or similar machined flange...help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to find someone who will make me a manifold flange.

Heres a pic of the gasket which could be used as a template.

[attachment=20461]

Need not be that elaborate. Could just be rectangular, I can shape it.
Dimensions are 365mm long and 65mm tall.
Ports are about 33mm.

Need to be about 10mm thick in mild steel.

Best price i got so far is £50+vat Undecided
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METAL-EXHAUST-...338a9bb1b8

This sheet is slightly too small, (300mm long) but it should be possible to find similar. Perforated metal gasket material seems fairly common.

Then you could just drill the holes in it yourself and cut the edges?

If you're going to be paying someone else to do it and they're providing materials they are charging less than 50 quid for their labour which doesn't sound at all unreasonable.

Why does it need to be so thick?
I think he wants a manifold flange!

Not a gasket lol!
Thats very sweet Retropug.

But I want a flange. I can get the gaskets for about a fiver!!
Pm pugmanxud he can do that. If not ive got a mate but he takes ages to get things done.
Someone has kindly offered to do a CAD drawing for me so I can just send it to who may be able to do it Smile ThumbsUp

I'll see if pugmax comes on the thread, dont wana bug him
Sorry read it too quickly and was wondering what on earth the problem would be with getting a gasket. lmao

Can also do a CAD model & engineering drawing for you if your other guy falls through. I get things machined all the time at work.
If you can cut the outside bits then you only need the holes drilled then just get a hole cutter. It takes a while to use on on 10mm steel but its possible. Just make sure you measure it up well.
If you've got a CAD or good technical drawing with measurements i can get them done. Either CNC'd or laser cut.
Nice one anton...
Rough idea on price??

@dumdum, i found with 10mm plates that not having a pillar drill meant the holes were not very straight. Need this to be bang on!!
No idea, i'll ask next time im there. But will be less than £50 i know that
You can draw the designs up pretty easy, just scan the gaskets in and convert to vector
Ruan and a few others have offered. Just ordered new verniers as smahsed mine yesterday
My scanner isnt big enough!
Ill speak to my neighbour. See if he can do it.
Could just take it to your local laser cutting place and give them that they'll just scan it and send it to the machine
My local said £50
I'd imagine anywhere is going to charge at least £50 but you could prob get a couple made for that
Most places (unless the do it on the side) will tend to charge a minimum price for a 1 off... I wouldn't say £50 is too bad though!
I was hoping or thinking more £30 mark to be honest.

I can get the metal for free essentially and have the drill bits and hole cutters...but just want it done accurately!
Ill see what my dads mate says later.. Shouldnt be too much
ebay piggy. Folks that make flanges, one guy I swear I read was around 30 quid.
But yeah, if doing one by the time you've done the setup might as well run off a couple of them.
Get two made up and either keep as a spare or maybe someone else wants one? or add turbo flanges to your order to make it up. Thats pretty much what I did with mine, helped justify the minimum outlay.
^^^^yeah I was thinking of getting a turbo flange done too as mine wasnt the best and doesnt quite fit neat
I'm in for a turbo flange. 10mm max mild steel is good enough tho.