306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Tyres for road
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive just got some refurbished Cyclones, Now I need a set of tyres for them, they will be going onto an estate, normal driving. Ive heard good things about the uniroyal rainsport 3s, anyway, let me know what you recommend! Thanks
Michelin Pilot Sport 3s. /thread.

Black circles will get you the cheapest price fitted.
(02-12-2014, 09:02 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]Michelin Pilot Sport 3s. /thread.

You can only get them in 195/50/15 I really want 195/55/15 for comfort Smile

This. Epic tyres.
(02-12-2014, 09:08 PM)LewisG Wrote: [ -> ]

50 is cheaper and hardly uncomfortable!
(02-12-2014, 09:20 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2014, 09:08 PM)LewisG Wrote: [ -> ]

50 is cheaper and hardly uncomfortable!

GOt a picture of them on cyclones?
I dont have any decent pictures im afraid. Not ones where I can be certain of the size.
(02-12-2014, 09:31 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]I dont have any decent pictures im afraid. Not ones where I can be certain of the size.

£62 a corner, sound right?
yep sounds decent. Ill be replacing one of mine in the next few weeks and i had that price in mind. Thats fitted!
Uniroyal rainsports are £32 a corner dlivered from camskils if just bought 4
and have fitted them to clones
(02-12-2014, 09:46 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]Uniroyal rainsports are £32 a corner dlivered from camskils if just bought 4

yeh then add in delivery and 15 quid a corner for them to be fitted and youre still on about £200.

Ive had the RS2 and the PS3s and the PS3s are much better.
Rainsport 3s are alot better than the 2s mind
(02-12-2014, 10:04 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: [ -> ]Rainsport 3s are alot better than the 2s mind

thats a shame because i have 3 RS2s and i need one to complete the set! D: But they are stupidly difficult to come by now!
(02-12-2014, 09:59 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2014, 09:46 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]Uniroyal rainsports are £32 a corner dlivered from camskils if just bought 4

yeh then add in delivery and 15 quid a corner for them to be fitted and youre still on about £200.

nope wrong!

i did a price match and they dropped the delivery charge
i also got the 4 fitted for £10 Tongue

be warned a lot of tyre places wont fit tyres they dont supply! so unless you know somone who fits tyres you might be paying more for the fitment Wink
(03-12-2014, 06:53 AM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2014, 09:59 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]

nope wrong!

be warned a lot of tyre places wont fit tyres they dont supply! so unless you know somone who fits tyres you might be paying more for the fitment Wink

Well yeh exactly I dont have any tyre fitting mates! Good to know theyve dropped the postage though!
I'm sure Bash could fit some for you. Big Grin

Also agree'd on RS3s being much better than RS2's!! I'll be sticking mine on the front of the '6 when it goes OTR. Wink
15 a corner?! my price at the local has varied from nowt to £20 for all 4 fitted and balanced.

might help I dispose of the old tyres myself usually, or take bare wheels.
If you pay 'real' prices, it is about £15 to fit and balance now. And most places won't accept a no-receipt cash deal anymore. Sad I used to get tyres fitted and balanced at a fiver each in a couple of different places. Now they won't do it anymore. Sad
I get mine done free. ninja
You're going to the wrong places if they don't do cash, infact I doubt you'll get a receipt from my local if you asked lol
(03-12-2014, 09:44 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure Bash could fit some for you. Big Grin

Also agree'd on RS3s being much better than RS2's!! I'll be sticking mine on the front of the '6 when it goes OTR. Wink

I've got a full set of RS3s and I'm happy with them.

They are not the best tyres money can buy by a long way, but they are very good for the money, and in the wet they don't particularly handle very differently!
You're quite limited on tyres if staying to the 55 profile. I recently fitted a set GoodYear Efficient Grip in 55s, as only 2 of my tyres were dead. The othesr I considered were Dunlop and another set of Michelins, but not Pilots.

Be warned if going to BlackCircles, make sure the garage they send you to for tyre fitting will actually do centre-less alloys. I got sent to a big place in Reading only to find out they did not, even though I made it clear on the phone when booking. Ended up being re-directed to another place other side of Reading.

At least I know a place that can do centre-less alloys.
(03-12-2014, 09:08 AM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2014, 06:53 AM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2014, 09:59 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]yeh then add in delivery and 15 quid a corner for them to be fitted and youre still on about £200.

nope wrong!

Well yeh exactly I dont have any tyre fitting mates! Good to know theyve dropped the postage though!
I can fit them Smile only thing I cant do.is balance solid centers. But I can call in a favour for that Wink