306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Peugeot 306 HDI 5 Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So yesterday included sanding an filling the wheels. Getting the etch primer done as well Smile Not very nice stuff I have to say.

[Image: 2nm3lza.jpg]

Left overnight to dry and then 2 layers of high build primer have been sprayed on this morning. Seems to have gone on alright. Forgot to key the etch primer first though but tbf it was fairly rough anyway hence the high build. Also most of the high build gets sanded off just leaving a smooth surface and any little rough bits filled in Smile

[Image: 34g51tj.jpg]

Going to leave them overnight to harden fully so I can properly smooth them out with wet and dry tomorow ready for the grey primer and then the colour layers if all goes to plan Big Grin
Painting is going well,

Just got a couple more layers of colour to put on them all and then 3/4 layers of Lacquer as well to strengthen them and make them shinier.

[Image: 2j0i45j.jpg]
Wheels look great can't wait to see them on the car Smile
very nice Smile they are gonna be shiny as well! Looking forward to seeing these on Big Grin
Cheers guys Big Grin I can't wait to get them on either tbf Smile think I might go with those Uniroyal rain expert tyres. Heard great reviews.
I need to get some new wheel nuts as well Tongue lol just to set them off a bit more Smile
And here they are all done Smile Get some nice tyres and all will be good Big Grin 

[Image: 2rrxt3p.jpg]
(10-05-2015, 03:27 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: [ -> ]And here they are all done Smile Get some nice tyres and all will be good Big Grin 

[Image: 2rrxt3p.jpg]

They look awesome !
Cheers mate Big Grin much appreciated Smile
very clean!! please, clean my car too :-)
Nice job you've done there. Make sure you give them plenty of time to cure, preferably somewhere warm so there is less chance of the paint getting damaged when the tyres are fitted.
Cheers man Smile they have had a week to cure properly. Going to give them a polish up and see how they do. I struggled with the colour layer as it went on quite dry :/ but the lacquer has probably saved that. Either way saved me a lot from not having to pay someone to do them haha Big Grin

Getting a full set of Michelin pilot sport 3's this Saturday Big Grin Can't wait haha
The Michelin's get quite good reviews, looking forward to pics of them on the car.
Michelin Pilot Sport 3's fitted Big Grin and wheels on the car. Glad that I got them and have got them done. Already like the car a lot more looking like this Big Grin

[Image: 70xdzt.jpg]
Looking nice mate needs a tap with the lowering stick now
Cheers Big Grin and Haha definitly does. I am thinking about 40mm all round. With a refurbished rear beam and decent shocks and springs Smile
Well I'm loving the ps3's haha. So much better than the skinny various cheap branded ones the car had on from the previous owner. Handles so much better and can't wait to start doing some proper handling mods now I can see how much potential these cars have Big Grin
Went out for a nice drive the other night to go get some photos Big Grin

[Image: 4rf63b.jpg]
[Image: 210ftw2.jpg]
[Image: wh19vk.jpg]
Had a go at doing my brake callipers today. Not too difficult. Note to self though... Always leave enough time to dry between coats.

[Image: k1q91y.jpg]
Went to do the other 3 calipers recently as after the first one it started pouring down with rain. Unfortunately the paint had all gone hard in the tin and was really thick and gloopy -_- So that has kinda stopped happening until I can get a new tin of paint haha.

Started on improving the electrical system. Managed to get one cable in today to join the alternator and the positive on the battery. Will be doing earths soon as well once I have a new better battery terminal Smile

[Image: 8xknew.jpg]

After I had finished that I gave the car a good clean with autobrite magifoam and purple velvet shampoo. Both great products and really good to use :Smile  (sorry for bad photo quality I moved haha)

[Image: 214n0i.jpg]
That's one hell of a positive cable! lol
The one going to the alternator is from Halfords for £5.50. The other one is 50mm2 welding cable going to a fused distribution block in the boot for my amps Smile
(17-12-2015, 12:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]That's one hell of a positive cable! lol

Well that positive cable was definitly worth putting in. The headlights are much brighter! Proper pleased with that so I can't wait to get the earths upgraded as well Smile
That's good to hear! Smile
Did a bit of tidying up of the rear bumper. Shame I didn't have any filler. I thought I did but had already started so couldn't be bothered to get all re-setup after.

[Image: r09pc2.jpg]
Well had a bit of a push again with the car.

Quick small thing I did first to neaten it up was a decent set of pressed plates which look really great imo.

Ordered B4 shocks and Eibach springs, New top mount bearings and drop links. Got them fitted up which has made the car so much nicer to drive Big Grin

[Image: aayp7s.jpg]  [Image: 2z3rypj.jpg]

I then took the car to a dyno to see what it is actually putting out. According to the dyno I am running 135hp and 240Lb/Ft of torque which has impressed me. I am thinking it is realistically closer to the 125 that Pro-Steve maps Stage 1+ cars to.

[Image: 2gw9c81.jpg]

Things to do -
 - Fit new rear brake discs I have bought today
 - Investigate why one of my exhaust rubbers keep dropping off -_-
 - Try and stop some of the annoying squeaks and rattles in the interior
 - Finish off painting the brake calipers gold (About damn time)
 - Investigate the rumbly noise when driving (Gotta be a wheel bearing but 2 garages have said otherwise but couldn't find the fault)
So today has seen the car have the following fitted haha.

- Lower wish bones
- Lower ball joints
- Track rod ends
- Front wheel bearings
- Rear shock absorbers
- Rear brake discs

Then I had it alignment checked on a professional laser setup thing. Don't know what to think about it really haha.

[Image: 2cwvjua.jpg]
Feel much improvement after fitting new wishbones jack? just bought those TRW ones and some febi bilstein ARB bushes Smile
And are you coming to Pugfest this year?
Doing a good job on this its looking so much better now
(16-05-2016, 12:19 PM)MY95 Wrote: [ -> ]Feel much improvement after fitting new wishbones jack? just bought those TRW ones and some febi bilstein ARB bushes Smile

Yeah mate definitely feels tighter at the front. Can throw it into corners a bit more now and it feels like it goes where I point it a lot more. And I am not sure. I am umming and arring about coming to FCS atm as well. Should be able to though Smile Will be nice to see all the people from here that have put up with me asking stupid questions Tongue haha

(16-05-2016, 01:13 PM)tim 306td Wrote: [ -> ]Doing a good job on this its looking so much better now

Cheers mate Big Grin
(16-05-2016, 04:24 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-05-2016, 12:19 PM)MY95 Wrote: [ -> ]Feel much improvement after fitting new wishbones jack? just bought those TRW ones and some febi bilstein ARB bushes Smile

Yeah mate definitely feels tighter at the front. Can throw it into corners a bit more now and it feels like it goes where I point it a lot more. And I am not sure. I am umming and arring about coming to FCS atm as well. Should be able to though Smile Will be nice to see all the people from here that have put up with me asking stupid questions Tongue haha

(16-05-2016, 01:13 PM)tim 306td Wrote: [ -> ]Doing a good job on this its looking so much better now

Cheers mate Big Grin

Just got my wishbones through the post today too look good although strange how one is painted in black and the other is the standard metal colour, did you find this with yours? New febi bilstein droplinks and ARB bushes look good also
Should defo come to Pugfest, so much fun taking the car up the hill! Went last year and sworn id go every year from then on that I can haha Smile 600 mile round trip for me, so a full tank nearly, but well worth it for 1 day a year Smile Managed 52mpg from that tank with 3 hill runs hitting 4.5-5k in 2nd gear after every corner haha, and sitting at the 'national speed limit' there and back lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4