306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: ignition lights are on without a key in the switch.. wont start :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys

um... i was gonna take my gf and dog to a drive when i walked to the car i saw that all the lights on the dashboerd are on as if i turned the ingniton on...

i tried starting the car and nothing getting no spark and no fuel pumping in to the injectors... i checked all fuses and nothing apart for one which when i pulled it out all the lights turned off and the radiator fans started working but still cant get the car to start... any help? PLZZ!!
theres a wiring loom connection by the radiator down one side im sure it unscrews/un plugs remove this and check all the connections are fine im sure ive read this plug gives issues?
Isn't this the one that also catches fire and has resulted in peoples cars burning out?
Never heard of that problem before :0
(30-11-2014, 08:35 PM)vincent1 Wrote: [ -> ]theres a wiring loom connection by the radiator down one side im sure it unscrews/un plugs remove this and check all the connections are fine im sure ive read this plug gives issues?

i will try this because i went fishing yesterday and hit a few podls ill check that tomorow

(30-11-2014, 08:47 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't this the one that also catches fire and has resulted in peoples cars burning out?

if i wodent have disconnected the battery from the car i would have shit my pants at the same time running outside! XD

i did a litle research on google and found out that a radiator fan connector maybe the problame could it?

[Image: ha12c33a-1.jpg]
Yes. I'm fairly sure there is a thread about this being a serious fire risk. I'll see if I can find it.
Not the exact thread but confirms it has been an issue for members in the past...
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/archive/index.p...-1205.html
This is the thread I was thinking of. On the other forum...
http://www.theywhoshallnotbenamed/forum/...93209.html
Correct, it can in some instances cause fires. You need to split that plug by the rad and check it for corrosion. If there is any it can be cleaned up with some lighter gas. , clean up all the pins and put the plug back together then cover it in white grease to prevent water ingress.
Scary shit. I know mines ok as ive just swapped the engine out but ill check my other halves one. Specially as we have a little one strapped in to it all the time
after a long day at work came home and keeped on searching the fuel and spark plug relay had water in its connectors dryed it up and the beast is running again tomorow im going to the scrap yard for a "new" one Smile thank you guys for all your help Smile