306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: EPIC heater fail this morning.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So got my car running smooth this morning after starting on pure veg. Turned heaters on to hear a pop noise. Now I have no air blowing through anything Sad heater fans are still going. So I drive to work freezing. A flap in the heater box has obviously gone. Anyone had anything like this? anyone bodged without taking dash out?
From memory of you reach up and under the dash on the passenger side near the centre console there is a lever which controls the flap.
I wedged mine open before, worked a treat
Can't just close the recirc flap? Surely that'd force the air from the blower inside somewhere? I haven't had this issue myself though!

Edit - Just realised its the flap for directing over the matrix. Its too early haha. Doh
Ill have to have a look at dinner. Really cold without heaters atm. Has to happen when the weather is like this.
(25-11-2014, 09:07 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ]From memory of you reach up and under the dash on the passenger side near the centre console there is a lever which controls the flap.
I wedged mine open before, worked a treat
Ding ding ding. We have a winner!! You win a rep point. Once I get on a pc again Smile [Image: ad374b9e46b7699c674b8cc1d0b2b274.jpg]

And the epic fix. Cable seem broken or disconnected somehow. Cba to sort now. Bodge and worry about later[Image: 6cb5fb476de88bcd258e8b27edc16b2f.jpg]
Cheers!