306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Technical geniuses please read...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So my mum recently purchased an HTC Wildfire S and it ran out of internal memory so we went back and got an SD card and its still saying memory is full.

Have tried connecting via HTC sync, doesnt work. also have tried to change it to store on SD card, didnt work again.

Any ideas would be much appreciated Smile

:ugeek:
try a task killer. search for advanced task killer on google play or whatever its called
It wont let me download any apps at all, wont even let me remove them!
id say take it back to where you got it, if its still under warranty
You can clear the cache used by certain apps (face book and google maps are particularly large), and you can also move the apps to the sd card. Where did you buy it from? Some networks supply the phones preloaded with poorly made and bloated software, you could root the phone and install a base rom without all the shit.
already tried clearing caches mate, deleted most things, all downloaded apps, still wont work.

Went to orange store and the guy didnt have any idea
Well he knows nothing lol is there anything on there she needs to save? I would suggest doing a factory reset, then installing a few base apps, rooting the phone and installing an app which moves apps to the SD card. You don't have to root to do that but it makes it easier.
tried turning it off an on again?

haha sorry, had to be done!

how long has she had the phone? if theres loads of texts still saved then thatd slow it up a lot
yeah have tried off and on alot lol

About 2 months now, have cleared all messages,

And yeah there are work photos on there she needs to keep, but whenever i try to load gallery it says no memory and needs it to view
fair nuff. then yeah, root it, then custom rom, there are quite a few that are really light on the memory
Rooting it? sorry im a technical virgin
rooting basically gives you superuser rights, or admin type rights on the phone, so you can delete/install anything you want, allowing you to install a new OS
do a google search for root htc wildfire s and it should come up with loads of links of guides and stuff, might even be able to download a one click program. anything you find will no doubt explain it clearer than i can
There is a program called 'unrevoked' for rooting android devices. I'll take a look at xda developers later and post a link/guide to doing it.
Scott Wrote:There is a program called 'unrevoked' for rooting android devices. I'll take a look at xda developers later and post a link/guide to doing it.

If i still had Bebo i would give you my love
rings a bell scott, think thats the one i used for mine.
cheers for all the help so far guys Big Grin
The wildfire s should come with an SD card......mine did! Also I have like 400photos on here and plenty of space! Wth has she filled her phone with?
I haven't read the whole thread as I'm in a shit mood and I CBA but my mate had a wildfire S that did this, she got a replacement phone and that did the same, its a fault with the phone! even if you delete all apps, pictures, messages etc it still says that there is no internal memory!
If it keeps saying it turn it off and back on. With mine if it complains and you delete anything it will still complain! Mine will fix itself if i delete all the texts and turn it off and on again! Move all the apps to an SD card! When i reinstalled android on my phone it missed android market... so i installed it again and it had it the next time. I can only presume that every once in a while the installation just has an error and misses stuff out! Just complain lots. Its their products problem not yours!

ROOTING YOUR PHONE WILL PROBABLY VOID THE WARRANTY!
rooting my phone didnt void my warranty. still gave it to three telling them it was shit. they still 'fixed' it. for a day or two, now its still shit.
Can you remove apps at all? If not, you can log in to the google play market online, then uninstall them from there Wink
I'd avoid to be honest, there's no instruction manual with the phone and I've heard they can be really hard to use. The touchscreen isn't really responsive on them either.
lmao
declan, you coming to ace?

if so, you bring the phone. I'll bring my laptop. Carpark rooting ftw

Jonny81191 Wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nokia-3310-Unl...2221wt_905

Get one of these?

no, its all about these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-1100-Pay- ... B00026KYNA

i shit you not, i bought my mum one Big Grin
Try transfering all data to the SD card.. if you're rooting it though then theres not much point as it'll need to be deleted anwyays
When is ace? Strapped for cash atm, I managed to get into the gallery and emailed all her photos she needed into her email account, going to factory reset the phone and try putting the SD in then, Thanks everyone Smile
declantg Wrote:When is ace? Strapped for cash atm, I managed to get into the gallery and emailed all her photos she needed into her email account, going to factory reset the phone and try putting the SD in then, Thanks everyone Smile

Tonight lol
definitely wont be there lol
Should of bought a proper phone ninja
Pages: 1 2