306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Wishbone bolt head sheered off when removing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I went to change my wishbones at weekend and the offside one came off nicely. The other however as you would expect was a tit. I have broken the head off of the bolt that holds the wishbone on The other end of this bolt is encapsulated in the subframe. I have read up and if I change the subframe I am likely to encounter the same problem with those bolts. Is anyone on here a PUG expert or great at removing snapped bolts? if anyone locally was willing to take it on I would be eternally grateful!
The encapsulated nut comes out.
The whole thing is replaceable.
I've literally just changed the wishbones on my car

Maybe drill down the centre of the bolt until it's thin enough, undo the back bolts then snap the front stud

Then source a replacement

Hope that helps
I'm left with a bolt with no head and no way of extracting. and the older sub frames have a welded nut and the newer models have one that moves/ can be removed from what I have read anyway. am i supposed to just start cutting into the back end of the wishbone until I cut through the bolt? and then look at trying to get the nut out of the tiny hole on the other side, bearing in mind it will have thread hanging out the other end of it stopping it being removed from said hole. I am just at a loss at the moment Sad its a 1997 bianca phase 2 GTI6 btw

you can see here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=1&theater
The older frames have a big rectangle nut that wedges in the frame so it doesnt spin, way better design than the newer captive nuts that often jam and break free of the retainer , swapping the whole subframe isnt hard and can be done in a couple hours on axle stands