306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Oil Filter Damage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would you use this filter?

[Image: IMAG4191_zpsffe6492c.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4190_zpsac839024.jpg]
no!
No return the part for replacement.
Glad its not just me being fussy then. It was bought private through ebay though so can't have replaced, hmm.
paypal may refund if seller dosnt help send the seller the picture they maynot of noticed it.
Tbh it was packaged poorly. Just chucked in a jiffy bag so the box was crushed time it got to me. It's possible it happened in transit.
Yes but you paid for a item in good/new condition this wasnt packaged properly and got damaged it isnt your problem unless you dont mind loosing the cash i certainly would contact the seller.
Want me to price a filter? Lol
(21-11-2014, 01:34 PM)vincent1 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes but you paid for a item in good/new condition this wasnt packaged properly and got damaged it isnt your problem unless you dont mind loosing the cash i certainly would contact the seller.

Yeah I will do, just meant it may not have been like it when sent. Smile

(21-11-2014, 02:05 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Want me to price a filter? Lol

lol

Tbh, this one only cost a fiver but there are several on ebay for ~£8 posted from companies, I doubt trade + postage would be any cheaper? But you're welcome to if its no hassle, I feel bad keep asking you for Ford related things. lol

And in other news, I have another DPF, has a thinner crush bend than standard, but no kink this time lol. However the other one wasn't collected by the courier - I was out but left it in a visible safe place for him to take! Doh
Postage is what? £2 something for 2nd class small package? It'll be less than £8 if that's the case
£2.80 for 2nd class small package these days. They're like £15 dealer price though iirc, trade can't be that good can it? Confused
Well seeing as I can get better than trade Wink
Oh I see. Must be a hell of a mark up on them lol! lol
Hmm, the seller has requested I return the damaged filter at my cost.

Return postages are paid by the buyer which is fair enough. But it's not like its useable, so that's £2.80 in postage wasted!! Can I refuse to return it?
Just open a case on eBay, you'll win it without having to pay postage.

Also, aren't these cheap on trade at halfords? I'm sure I paid less than a fiver for one for the mini a few weeks back..
I wouldn't use a halfords filter on a DV6 lol. Connor has sorted me out once again now though lol.

I tried opening a dispute as he didn't reply to my message. But instead ebay sent the dispute message straight to him and said 'if its not resolved by Dec 4th they'll open the case. So of course I get a message straight back from him with the return address. Confused
(25-11-2014, 01:16 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't use a halfords filter on a DV6 lol.

Why? They are Sogefi aren't they?
I believe they're Mahle from the factory, but it may be a case of whatevers cheapest for them.

With the DV6 known to be fussy and have carbonising oil issues I'd rather have peace of mind of getting a genuine filter myself.
(25-11-2014, 12:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, the seller has requested I return the damaged filter at my cost.

Return postages are paid by the buyer which is fair enough. But it's not like its useable, so that's £2.80 in postage wasted!! Can I refuse to return it?

Buyer pays return postage if he changes his mind for any reason and the part is in good condition for resale.

If faulty, seller should pay postage as it's no fault of your own.
Hmm, new ebay system seems ridiculous! Angry It reads bottom to top btw. It seems I cant get a refund until he receives the damaged item back!?

28 Nov: Seller approved your return request

27 Nov: You sent a message

Comments:

Hi, as the item is damaged and unusable/not resalable I don t wish to spend money posting it back. I d just like a refund please. Or I will post it back if you cover the postage.

25 Nov: The seller sent you a message

Comments:

Hi, return address is ****** Thanks

25 Nov: You requested a return

Reason for return:
It arrived damaged

Comments:
The item was insufficiently packaged, the thin box was crushed and the paper filter element is ripped so would be no use to filter oil. For this reason it is completely useless to me. I have contacted the seller but received no reply.