306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Disco-style dash light - "brake fluid"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 1149589.1109.jpg]

Number 12

Brake fluid warning light.

A small issue which has only really developed since having the brakes changed.

It tends to light up on a rotation basis; ie, when going at slower speeds, in traffic, it's intermittent to the point i can brake "on the" warning light? if that makes sense? as if it's sensing as the brake disc turns?? Dodgy sensor is my thinking; is it worth just chopping them off?
Brake pad warning light too isnt it? Perhaps wire touching on the disc somewhere?
If its a brake fluid warning light, it would have to be at the M/C, and AFAIK there isn't one on a GTI. Not one that I have ever come across anyway.

As piggy says, take a look at the pad wear sensors Smile
The M/C do have a level warning light, cant see it going on and off like that though
(19-11-2014, 05:33 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]The M/C do have a level warning light, cant see it going on and off like that though

This is what i was thinking; unless the fluid was to be rising and falling that much lol
Oh yeah, course it does, the brown plug. Right on the front. lmao
Brake fluid level warning is the same as the handbrake light. That light is the pad level sensor
(19-11-2014, 05:37 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Brake fluid level warning is the same as the handbrake light. That light is the pad level sensor

Sorted; i'll snip them off. Just annoying me...
I'd rather replace the pads than cut the wires...
(19-11-2014, 05:52 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather replace the pads than cut the wires...

Eh?
They've only just been replaced; like, 4k ago?