306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: improving ride quality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Evening all, some of you may have read my little project thread on here and be upto date with what's gone on but if you've missed it I have recently lowered my hdi d turbo by 30mm but believe I fitted petrol springs derived from a zx so am now closer to 50+mm on standard shocks, im looking to improve the quality of ride as it now makes her indoors feel sick but don't want to compromise the look what do people recommend?
New uprated shocks?
Diesel lowering springs?
Bin off the Jin lung budget tyres and get toyo proxes

Any ideas and help greatly appreciated as i would like it to be comfortable instead of really crashy
standard spring, PS3's.
(16-11-2014, 07:49 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]standard spring, PS3's.

What's are PS3's?
(16-11-2014, 07:56 PM)thebluepearl Wrote: [ -> ]

What's are PS3's?

Pilot sport 3s I guess. Michelin tyre, a lot of people seem to rate them
(16-11-2014, 07:58 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-11-2014, 07:56 PM)thebluepearl Wrote: [ -> ]

What's are PS3's?

Yep this. Best tyre I've ever driven on!
(16-11-2014, 08:10 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-11-2014, 07:58 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-11-2014, 07:56 PM)thebluepearl Wrote: [ -> ]What's are PS3's?

Yep this. Best tyre I've ever driven on!

Will have to have a look at these
They aren't cheap but they are A rated in the wet, grip like a rapist in the dry and i would say the wet grip is almost as good as the dry grip!
(16-11-2014, 08:21 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]They aren't cheap but they are A rated in the wet, grip like a rapist in the dry and i would say the wet grip is almost as good as the dry grip!

Yeh just had a look at rough prices around 100 a corner but if they are as good as people say they should be worth a try
(16-11-2014, 08:29 PM)thebluepearl Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-11-2014, 08:21 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]They aren't cheap but they are A rated in the wet, grip like a rapist in the dry and i would say the wet grip is almost as good as the dry grip!

Yeh just had a look at rough prices around 100 a corner but if they are as good as people say they should be worth a try

What size is that for? You got challengers haven't you?
ah, now if you were on 15"s then you'd be under £60 a corner and far more comfortable.
Yeh I've got the 17" atlantis wheels
Seconded for PS3's. I had Spec II's for a while. Best gripping tyre in the dry that I've ever used on road, but by christ, when it rains you really do take your life into your own hands. Wouldn't rate them for anything other than track tires, but even then there is better out there.

Having driven Niall's car on PS3's, they get my vote all day long.
ditch the 17"s definitely.
(17-11-2014, 11:22 AM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]ditch the 17"s definitely.

Definitely this if you want to improve the ride quality. Standard shocks will have been designed to work with standard height suspension and a lot more tyre sidewall than you'll have with 17's. Also petrol springs will not have a high enough spring rate for a diesel engine, hence getting more drop than expected, so swapping them for the correct springs will help
Essentially, undo all of the modifications. lmao
(17-11-2014, 01:32 PM)mattsrallye Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-11-2014, 11:22 AM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]ditch the 17"s definitely.

Definitely this if you want to improve the ride quality. Standard shocks will have been designed to work with standard height suspension and a lot more tyre sidewall than you'll have with 17's. Also petrol springs will not have a high enough spring rate for a diesel engine, hence getting more drop than expected, so swapping them for the correct springs will help

depends which petrol, the iron 16v's weigh more.