306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: URGENT ignition barrel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm stuck in a car park with my key stuck in the barrel and I can't turn it enough to get the key out I've got some tools with me but don't want to break the barrel.
If you can turn the key and start the car. You should be able to completely remove the barrel and unplug it from the car loom. Other than that its a case of wiggle it until you can get it out Sad

Is it stuck in the off position ?
Just got it out but now I can't start the car as it won't turn enough so I'm still stuck Sad
Never hotwired a car before? lol
Turn it enougth to remove the barrel then black box it
(12-11-2014, 07:44 PM)spike2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Turn it enougth to remove the barrel then black box it

Would be able to pm me on how to black box it?
In boxed you pal
Have you turned the steering wheel at all? If the steering lock engages you have to turn the wheel a bit for the key to turn all the way. It should still come out easily mind.
(12-11-2014, 08:39 PM)jack_o Wrote: [ -> ]Have you turned the steering wheel at all? If the steering lock engages you have to turn the wheel a bit for the key to turn all the way. It should still come out easily mind.

Definitely wasn't the steering lock mate. Got it sorted now thanks to spike Wink.
Sorted it today had to drill out the bottom of the barrel as I couldn't release the tabs with the key as it wouldn't turn enough but once it was out was straight forward.
Glad you got it sorted pal
thats an odd problem. Glad youve got it sorted!