306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: dturbo. what to do next?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
always loved the idea of owning a ph1 dt in white and at the moment im the winning bidder of said car on the bay.
ive emailed the seller with what pump it has and with his reply ive found out it has a lucus.
now if i am the winning bidder and found myself with the car, i want to know what to do with it next.
bosch pump is obviously the first thing but i know nothing about devs so thats why im asking you lot.
done some quick sums and i reckon i can save about £500/£600 in 6 months of runing this over my 1.6.
if im the winner, what are my next steps.
sell it to me!
Buy it, service it, bosch it, and tune it.!

Then enjoy cheap miles with more power than your 1.6!
As nice as it looks I wouldn't pay more than 3-400 quid, with no tax or mot
thats kinda my limit. might go more just cause i want it.
Will be worth it once you have it!

Just remember tax is £118 for 6 months
Mot average price is £50 plus any problems
Then if your getting a bosch ( should already be on a ph1) then that's another £60-100+

Don't rush into buying it!
as jake said id go 400 max with no tax or test..
if you do get it and need a hand with anything im not to far away Smile
Toxic-Jake Wrote:Will be worth it once you have it!

Then if your getting a bosch ( should already be on a ph1) then that's another £60-100+

thought tax was cheaper than that. my mrs has a golf gt dti 150 (1.9) and im sure that its cheaper than that?
as for the pump, well as already said, seller says it has lucus????
mot will be £25 mates rates.
ash23 Wrote:as jake said id go 400 max with no tax or test..
if you do get it and need a hand with anything im not to far away Smile
top man. will need ya help and will reward your sevicers.
kingy Wrote:
Toxic-Jake Wrote:Will be worth it once you have it!

thought tax was cheaper than that. my mrs has a golf gt dti 150 (1.9) and im sure that its cheaper than that?
as for the pump, well as already said, seller says it has lucus????
mot will be £25 mates rates.

nah tax for the year is £220Sad or it is on mine the lucas can still be tuned but in the long term most swap for the bosch Smile
ash...
looking at buying this to save a bit of dosh so will be looking at swopping the pump. veg ftw.
Yeah tax is harsh on these! I'd ask for a picture of the pump because it could well be a Bosch on it! Smile
Toxic-Jake Wrote:Yeah tax is harsh on these! I'd ask for a picture of the pump because it could well be a Bosch on it! Smile
will do jake, thanks for the info. think its as good as mine regardless.
as been said, will be worth it when i got it.
garage my other and run this. just for the boost Big Grin
Looked at this car twice tonight, but really can't afford to buy anything now. And yes, tax is £215/year on these, I should know.

EDIT: Seller's even got my name, damn him!
burnmw Wrote:Looked at this car twice tonight, but really can't afford to buy anything now. And yes, tax is £215/year on these, I should know.

EDIT: Seller's even got my name, damn him!
tell me what ya think mate.
I'd pay 400 if it has a bosch, 350 without. Remember it's an old car without tax or MOT so that's on top of car price.

Your mrs golf maybe post 2000 so tax is on emissions, where as this old girl is engine size-I just taxed mine which was 220
kingy Wrote:tell me what ya think mate.

Honestly? I wouldn't pay much more than £300 for that if it's not a Bosch, I'd pay £400 if it was though, but then I'm after a Bosch pumped car to steal the pump etc from. Other than that, it's a 17yo French diesel with moon miles on it. Seems alright if you can get it cheap enough.
lets see what happens.......
320 so far....
devils_fuel Wrote:320 so far....
i know, thats my bid.
Looks nice enough Kingy. Always had a major thing for the phase 1s in white Smile
Being a white ph1 I'd pay a bit extra if the bodywork is good because they're a popular/sought after car. £450 would be my bid
kent, every 306 owner needs one of these. 306 dturbos dont die, they just get faster. so ive read.
Dan! Wrote:Being a white ph1 I'd pay a bit extra if the bodywork is good because they're a popular/sought after car. £450 would be my bid
this is what im thinking dan. as i say, always wanted one, buy it, mod it, run it and sell it for a profit. or just keep it.
i spent ages looking for a decent phase 1/2 306 my first port of call before checking anything out was checking the nearside arch for rot. the one iv got now was on ebay and i travelled 30 miles just to have a look. the arch seemed strong enough after a while it wasnt to cleaver then ripp got his hammer out.

id sugest you have a look tbf
Jenkosowls Wrote:i spent ages looking for a decent phase 1/2 306 my first port of call before checking anything out was checking the nearside arch for rot. the one iv got now was on ebay and i travelled 30 miles just to have a look. the arch seemed strong enough after a while it wasnt to cleaver then ripp got his hammer out.

id sugest you have a look tbf
thanks for the advice. have mailed him asking for post code. loads of time left yet and aint to far from me so lets see. Big Grin
I was after one after I had my 1.4 but couldn't find a good one for the money I had but now I have my hdi which is brilliant. And as you seen Kingy it's almost in great condition
just want it. carnt afford it what with new baby on the way but i want it.
I know what you saying when I saw it I had it in mind.
Congrats on new baby though mate.
I keep saying to misses it me enjoying my money doing what I enjoy before we end up having a baby and not be able to afford it for a while Smile
Pages: 1 2