306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What's this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is this? And why doesn't that tube go anywhere?
Its just the overflow for radiator
I've got nissens rad is that why it's not connected? Or is it never connected?
(07-11-2014, 09:41 PM)Orta Wrote: [ -> ]I've got nissens rad is that why it's not connected? Or is it never connected?

It should be. There will be a little take off for the pipe on the side of the expansion tank just below the cap
(07-11-2014, 09:51 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2014, 09:41 PM)Orta Wrote: [ -> ]I've got nissens rad is that why it's not connected? Or is it never connected?

It should be. There will be a little take off for the pipe on the side of the expansion tank just below the cap

Yeah, the where the other end of the pipe he is holding in the pick is attached to!?

Confused lol
It is connected. It is just to vent excess pressure, the other end is supposed to be free.

It is normally stuck down the hole in the front chassis leg in front of the washer bottle filler neck so any excess coolant will drip down there.
Right so that's meant to be loose?
Yes, it is normally shoved down the hole in the front chassis leg in front of the washer bottle so any coolant dripping out will dribble down there and into the arch/onto the road. Pretty much straight down from where your hand is in the picture.

It's just the overflow hose for the radiator so as long as it is pointing down and isn't snagging on stuff and causing other problems it is doing its job!
Cheers bud